When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Forum Discussions (6,860)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Gold Mine for Future Steelpan Musicians and Others

Trinidad & Tobago, W. I. - In July 2010 the Music Literacy Trust has now undertaken another bold initiative in community development by…

Started by Pan Times in WST News

0 Jul 18, 2010

Bravo! “The Pan Man” is the real deal

New York, USA - Yes, yes, yes... The musical “The Pan Man” is the real deal. Entertaining, educational, moving and provocative, this thoug…

2 Jul 14, 2010
Reply by Royce Russell

In My House - Anise 'Halfers' Hadeed - Len "Boogsie" Sharpe - Clive Bradley

Starlift Steel Orchestra - Arranger Anise 'Halfers' Hadeed -----------------------------------------------------------------------------…

Started by Pan Times in Live Performances

1 Jul 13, 2010
Reply by Bugs

Comparing a Steel band to a traditional orchestra.

Good Day to all pan lovers around the world. My discussion centers around the fact that some people compares the instruments in a steel ban…

Started by Dave Campbell in Steelband Music

0 Jul 13, 2010

Top Steelband Leader Mack Scott honored in New York

New York, USA - ....Recently, Pan Sonatas’ (formerly Sonatas) success and unwavering commitment to excellence were recognized when leader…

3 Jul 13, 2010
Reply by Andy

Updating band listings?

Hi all -   I just sent an e-mail to list@panonthenet.com  to update my band info on the Global & USA band lists. But the e-mail came ba…

Started by Catt in Uncategorized

1 Jul 9, 2010
Reply by Pan Times

The Show Must Go On! - Power of the Steelpan 2010 Montreal International Steelpan Festival in Full Review

The Show Must Go On! - Power of the Steelpan 2010 Montreal International Steelpan Festival in Full Review Quebec, Canada - The words “the…

3 Jul 5, 2010
Reply by Salah Wilson

RENEGADES STEEL ORCHESTRA

BpTT and Renegades ‘renew vows’By JOAN RAMPERSAD Saturday, July 3 2010 IT WAS billed as a “Renewal of Vows” and marked the 40th Anniver…

Started by Royce Russell in News

0 Jul 3, 2010

Ace Steelpan musician Ryan Joseph is ‘Lypo Tom’ in “The Pan Man”

New York, USA - He is one of the better known faces on the New York steelpan music scene. A frontline player with the champion steel orches…

2 Jul 1, 2010
Reply by GospelPan

Carl Chase - The Man Behind Steelpan in Maine

Carl Chase - The Man Behind Steelpan in Maine  Montreal, Quebec, Canada -  He is quiet, reserved, unassuming and soft-spoken yet his passi…

1 Jun 30, 2010
Reply by Salah Wilson

RSS

© 2017   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service