When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Forum Discussions (7,095)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Panorama 2009 Large Band Finalists

Here are the official results, which were released by Pan Trinbago this afternoon. (These bands all advance to the Finals) 1st: Phase II 45…

Started by Kern in Uncategorized

4 Feb 11, 2009
Reply by Sue-Ann Alfred

Unfair attack on PanTrinbago officer

Dear Nelsonian (this is in response to your post on the old WST message board, included after this for reference) What is your real, and o…

Started by MakeItPlain in Uncategorized

3 Feb 11, 2009
Reply by MakeItPlain

Pan Podium Magazine On The Pulse of Pan in the UK Winter-Spring 2008/2009

click for more United Kingdom - 2009 marks the tenth anniversary of Pan Podium, which proudly celebrates its contribution to the growing st…

Started by Pan Times in Uncategorized

0 Feb 11, 2009

Arrangers in the Spotlight

They are some of the most respected and honored musicians among the world’s steelpan music fraternity. They are the winning panorama and/or…

0 Feb 11, 2009

invaders sweet sweet music

I am so proud 2 be a part of the both bands. I had a ball playing caribbean woman. Arddin did the song justice, it was sweet i am glad i wa…

Started by Double Seconds 4 Life in Uncategorized

0 Feb 10, 2009

Why start performances with "iron?"

Have you noticed that the signal for steelbands to start any performance is always the sound of someone beating iron to get the timing righ…

Started by John Henry in Uncategorized

5 Feb 10, 2009
Reply by EDW1N.LIL APPLE. OR APPLEWHITE....

Panorama Warning

Pan Trinbago is reminding steel orchestras in the National Finals that they must adhere to the Rules and Regulations governing Panorama 200…

0 Feb 10, 2009

The uniqueness of "pan."

Can you think about something unique about "pan?" Here's one - Pan, the instrument of steel bands, is the only instrument in the world that…

Started by John Henry in Uncategorized

0 Feb 10, 2009

Condolences to Pelham Goddard

When Steel Talks extends our condolences to ace arranger Pelham Goddard on the passing of his mother Rita.

Started by When Steel Talks in Uncategorized

4 Feb 8, 2009
Reply by Al Foster

Semi Finals Panorama Live on the Web

Thank you WST for the info. I am enjoying the show. Just in case you are unaware the folks at WST have provided a list of places you can g…

Started by Bugs in Uncategorized

0 Feb 8, 2009

RSS

© 2017   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service