When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Uncategorized (2,279)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Panmen and women deserve more money

QUESTION: "What is your view on PanTrinbago's offer of $800 to each panman to play in 2012 Panorama?"

Started by Terry Samuel

23 Jan 8, 2012
Reply by jerome ebenezer clarke

What do you think?

Anyone know if there is a deadline for submission of pan songs for Panorama?  I think it is only fair that all bands have the same pool of…

Started by Cecil hinkson

22 Jan 6, 2012
Reply by Cecil hinkson

What do you think [2]

The Judges should let each band know how many points they score right after their performance.

Started by Cecil hinkson

0 Jan 5, 2012

"No More The Voice Of The People."

Calypso is considered "the voice of the people" as far back as I can remember. Soca, which I classify a bi-product of calypso should, in so…

Started by Frank Robinson

13 Jan 4, 2012
Reply by Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks

2011 - Two failed International Awards shows in T & T

Despite all the best efforts to make the highly promoted International Reggae and World Music Awards (IRAWMA) a gala affair, it was unfortu…

Started by Terry Samuel

0 Dec 31, 2011

Ian Franklin Will be a good fit for Pan Trinbago

Ian Franklin will be a very good fit for Pan Trinbago, (1) He is very knowledgeable about Steel band History, (2) If he is wrong about some…

Started by BEDE LOPEZ

32 Dec 28, 2011
Reply by hollis clifton

Boogsie Tribute to Pat Bishop

Anyone has news about Boogsie "Tribute to Pat Bishop" Boxing Day was given as the time when it will be released.[ just ah bit impatient]

Started by Cecil hinkson

3 Dec 27, 2011
Reply by Cecil hinkson

fastest woman bass player

The fastest Woman Bass Player that I have seen is the woman from Samaroo jets at the 1986 music festival, she is fast and very smooth, the…

Started by BEDE LOPEZ

0 Dec 17, 2011

PUT COUNTRY FIRST....

PUT COUNTRY FIRST - I LIME in All Stars Panyard last Saturday where a Steelband CD was launch several bands perform. Today is the first day…

Started by Terry Samuel

9 Dec 17, 2011
Reply by Adrian Ramdoo

NBC takes it where it hurts for Judges’ snafu - Panorama, take note

NBC’s Sing Off Christmas Special “OK” - But America is Still Singing the Afro Blues NBC takes it where it hurts for Judges’ snafu - Panoram…

Started by Pan Times

2 Dec 8, 2011
Reply by Bugs

RSS

© 2017   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service