When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Uncategorized (2,675)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Follow up on pre carnival trip to Trinidad

In January I started a thread asking for suggestions on an upcoming trip to Trinidad. http://whensteeltalks.ning.com/forum/topics/pre-carn

Started by Denette

13 May 4, 2014
Reply by Denette

VIBE OF THE SLOW JAM.....

I happen to stumble upon a video of Utopia Pan Soul playing Vengeance and it put me in a place that made me wonder why is it that most youn…

Started by Cecil hinkson

38 May 2, 2014
Reply by odw

PANICLE AND NEW VISIONARIES.

Is Panicle a part of the New Visionaries? this question was asked by a member on another thread and I found it to be such a good idea. I mu…

Started by Cecil hinkson

11 Apr 26, 2014
Reply by Cecil hinkson

"BOBOL FUH SO"

“BOBOL FUH SO” Part 1. ‘MILLIONS BEING WASTED’ STEELFESTT 2013 How could any organization receive over two million dollars in donations and…

Started by The New Visionaries

8 Apr 25, 2014
Reply by Andre-Roger Dellevi

David "Splav" Waddell Has Passed On

The Pan World lost one of its iconic figures at 4:00 a.m this morning.  David (QRC) was one of the "College Boys" who contributed to the gr…

Started by Ian Jones

24 Apr 24, 2014
Reply by Ashelle Waddell

WHAT WENT WRONG?

When steelbands were run by "badjohns" they ruled town, pan men got paid 15$-20$ and they were happy. Come 2014 the badjohns are replaced w…

Started by Cecil hinkson

18 Apr 24, 2014
Reply by Peter Gray

Beyond the bacchanal

Excerpt from article in the express... The phenomenon of the steelband is yet to be fully understood and appreciated and its potential as a…

Started by odw

1 Apr 21, 2014
Reply by (Oscar) Mark Roberts

WHAT WENT ON?

I saw that the President of PanTrinbago meet with the USSA and discussed the ICP  International Conference of Panorama and the status of th…

Started by Cecil hinkson

14 Apr 21, 2014
Reply by Cecil hinkson

PAN IS BEAUTIFUL 2013-NON PAYMENT OF PRIZES

Started by The New Visionaries

26 Apr 21, 2014
Reply by Cecil hinkson

THE FUTURE OF THE PAN PLAYER

I am Bevon Phillips, President of the Pan Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago, We would like to hear your views on a couple of items…

Started by Bevon Phillips

8 Apr 20, 2014
Reply by oswald alexander

RSS

© 2018   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service