When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged '2018' (93)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pan Trinbago Responds to Crisis to “TAKE PAN AWAY FROM PAN PLAYERS”

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Please allow me space to reply to an article written in the Daily Express by veteran journalist Keith Subero…

Started by Pan Times

11 10 hours ago
Reply by Mercer Ramdoo

HERE’S WHY BOOGSIE WILL REBOUND FROM HELLO

Remember What More Love Did To Smooth's Bounce and Drive? Back to the Archives - The Year of 2013 by Dalton Narine ...More props, too, go t…

Started by Pan Times

14 May 5
Reply by Andre-Roger Dellevi

Bringing the Caribbean to Connecticut

The Daily Campus UConn's Steel Pan Ensemble performs energetic musical pieces at their spring concert in Von Der Mehden Auditorium on April…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 23

Meet Nakita Wilfred - Barbados - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Meet Nakita Wilfred Barbados Barbados, W.I. - “Whenever I play pan, I would drift to this place of total bliss where she [my mother] resi…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 20

Meet Patricia Jones - Maryland, USA - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Meet Patricia Jones Maryland, USA Maryland, USA - “Music embodies my life to the point that it takes precedence to eating, drinking and s…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 17

Meet Patricia Black - Trinidad & Tobago - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Meet Patricia Black Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - “I come alive as I transform into the woman on the bass while I l…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 15

Meet Justina Ploeger - Germany - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Meet Justina Ploeger Germany Dortmund, Germany - “I’m lucky to be born in a city, which can by now be called, “The steel pan stronghold of…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 13

Meet Safiya Richards - Pennsylvania, USA - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Meet Safiya Richards Pennsylvania, USA Pennsylvania, USA - “It makes me proud, for one, that I’m taking part in the culture of my family. S…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 11

Meet Jovanka Williams - Guyana, S.A. - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Meet Jovanka Williams Guyana, S.A. Guyana, S.A. - “I love performing and entertaining people. Seeing the joy on their faces when we play…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 9

Meet Norzika Lewis - New York, USA - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Meet Norzika Lewis New York, USA  New York, U.S.A. - “Those ten minutes on stage to me are the best moments in my life every year that I p…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 8

RSS

© 2018   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service