When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'Japan' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Meet Nanae “Nana” Matsumura - Japan

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form “Steel pan is beautiful and fun! Also powerful and intense. I never lose interest. Players…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 20

Revisited - Meet Dr. Miho Takekawa - Seattle, Washington

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form   Seattle, Washington, USA - “When I heard Ray Holman play on the double-seconds, I could n…

Started by Pan Times

5 Mar 16
Reply by evan lobo

The Codringtons Remember Asami Nagakiya - Gone but Not Forgotten

Music Album featuring her Original Steelpan Composition Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - It is just over seven months to date, since we in t…

Started by Pan Times

9 Sep 19, 2016
Reply by Claude Gonzales

Honouring the Japanese Panorama Steel Orchestra

Honouring the Japanese Panorama Steel Orchestra What we in TT missed to recognise at the ICP 2015 (Ref: 9th August)   In the general excite…

Started by Jeremy de Barry

0 Aug 9, 2016

CCNtv6 at Asami’s Memorial

CCNtv6 at Asami’s Memorial http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/Asamis-Memorial-376150291.html CCNtv6 (Updated 18 April 2016) - Asami Nagaki…

Started by Jeremy de Barry

0 Apr 19, 2016

Japanese Panists' Response to Asami's Murder

On March 15, 2016, I returned to Japan without any idea of what to expect. Were my friends going to lose trust in me as a Trinidadian? Woul…

Started by Mia Gormandy

3 Apr 19, 2016
Reply by Orson rogers

Meet Naoko Yabuta - Tokyo, Japan

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form   Tokyo, Japan - “After our Panorama performance, I listened to the final result on the rad…

Started by Pan Times

1 Mar 28, 2016
Reply by Ayesha Mohammed

Exodus Steel Orchestra set to sweep Japan again

Trinidad and Tobago Guardian Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Performing in 20 major cities in 21 days. That is the hectic schedule for the up…

Started by Pan Times

3 Aug 24, 2014
Reply by Owen Serrette

Steelpan welcome for Japanese sailors

The week In Review Trinidad and Tobago Newsday - July 15, 2014 Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Three of Japan’s Maritime Self-Defence Force…

Started by Pan Times

1 Jul 21, 2014
Reply by David De

Meet Yuki Nakano of Japan

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form   Japan - Pan is in her blood. She has traveled all over the world with the steelpan instru…

Started by Pan Times

0 Mar 18, 2014

RSS

© 2017   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Site Meter