When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'New' (164)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Despers USA Takes 2018 New York Panorama Championship After Twenty Years - with Champion Arranger Odie Franklin

New York, USA -  As per the song, 2018 has been the Year For Love - and the year that Despers USA Steel Orchestra ended nineteen winless ye…

Started by Pan Times

2 Sep 13
Reply by Claude Gonzales

Basement 2018 Panyard Recording Schedule

Basement 2018 Panyard Recordings   Tuesday August 28th: 8:00 p.m. - CASYM Steel Orchestra         [cancelled] ========================…

Started by Pan Times

2 Sep 5
Reply by Pan Times

The Steel Drum Grinch Of Crown Heights Is Back On The Scene

Gothamist Kathleen Reilly last night outside the practice space for Despers USA  (Scott Heins / Gothamist) Last night at 10:30 p.m., fir…

Started by Pan Times

13 Aug 26
Reply by Cecil hinkson

Carnival association president William Howard — organizer of Labor Day’s New York Caribbean Carnival Parade — dies at 75

NY Daily News New York, USA - William (Bill) Howard [leftmost in picture], president of the West Indian American Day Carnival Association…

Started by Pan Times

0 Aug 6

Happy Birthday to Junior “Man” Samuel of Radoes Steel Orchestra - July 22

When Steel Talks extends birthday greetings to Junior Samuel - captain of D’Radoes Steel Orchestra

Started by Pan Times

5 Jul 24
Reply by Carlton E. Munroe

‘Steel Impressions’ family band spotlights Caribbean culture

News12 Long Island Farmingdale, Long Island, NY, USA  -  Long Island’s own Steel Impressions Steel Band is putting a spotlight on Caribbe…

Started by Pan Times

2 Jul 24
Reply by hollis clifton

The Pan Man's Triumphant Return to Stage

Brooklyn, New York, U.S.A. - PAN Man - The Musical is the latest success story in bringing the story of the Pan to the stage through the pe…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jun 3

Steel Band Insights - The Growth Of The Steel Pan Orchestra

by Priscilla Taylor Casablanca Steel Orchestra at Brooklyn Academy of Music - 1983 The creation and the evolution of the steel pan, is one…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 17

Meet Norzika Lewis - New York, USA - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Meet Norzika Lewis New York, USA  New York, U.S.A. - “Those ten minutes on stage to me are the best moments in my life every year that I p…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 8

Meet Jahnya Gilkes - New York, USA - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Meet Jahnya Gilkes New York, USA New York, U.S.A. - “On who is her favorite arranger - “Marc Brooks because he has seen me grow from when…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 4

RSS

© 2018   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service