When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'Women' (60)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Meet Christine Law - Wonderland Steel Band - (1965 - 1967) Trinidad

On Panorama Christine says it is -- “An incredible explosion of musical energy and THE SOUND of Trinidad and Tobago.” Christine Law is now…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 22

Meet Nanae “Nana” Matsumura - Japan

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form “Steel pan is beautiful and fun! Also powerful and intense. I never lose interest. Players…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 20

Meet Isoke Noel - Trinidad & Tobago - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form “....I love to teach. That feeling of accomplishment you get when your student excels solid…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 1

Meet Tameeka Garcia-Harris - New York, USA

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form “What keeps me going are my memories of growing up and being a part of pan sides in both St.…

Started by Pan Times

2 Apr 1
Reply by knolly smith

Meet Maurisha Potter of Antigua & Barbuda

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form Antigua & Barbuda, W.I. - “You gotta love what you do. It’s going to take a lot of prac…

Started by Pan Times

0 Mar 30

Roll Call - Celebration of Women In Pan

Global - It’s March and that means this is Women’s Month.  It is the month when we celebrate the contributions of women to the world.  Norm…

Started by Pan Times

93 Mar 27
Reply by Lennox Morris

Revisited - Meet Dr. Miho Takekawa - Seattle, Washington

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form   Seattle, Washington, USA - “When I heard Ray Holman play on the double-seconds, I could n…

Started by Pan Times

5 Mar 16
Reply by evan lobo

The Role Women Arrangers will play in Panorama during in the next decade.

Thanks WST/Pan Times for your continued dedication and service you provide your membership. Your Tribute To Women In Pan “Celebration of…

Started by odw

3 May 30, 2016
Reply by odw

Meet Nyana Price - Brooklyn, New York

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form   New York, USA - “I remember going to Sesame Flyersְ’ Saturday program, I was 9 years old.…

Started by Pan Times

1 Apr 11, 2016
Reply by Debi

Meet Lakeisha Danglade - Brooklyn, New York

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form   New York, USA - “....now I just love to play; it's in my blood. I feel like I'm a part of…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 8, 2016

RSS

© 2017   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service