When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'history' (62)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

History - Looking back at the year 1967 in Pan

1967 1967  Trinidad and Tobago National Steelband performs at Expo '67 in Montreal, Canada ("A troupe of dancers and the 22 members of…

Started by Pan Times

1 Dec 29, 2017
Reply by Jennifer Ire

History - Looking back at the year 1999 in Pan

1999 1999 Desperadoes win the Trinidad & Tobago Panorama playing the tune In My House Angel Harps win Grenada Panorama Ebony wins t…

Started by When Steel Talks

0 Dec 13, 2017

My Dad Bertrand ''Pewatt"Morris

by Marlene Gomez Bert,Pewee as was called by many was born on 20th October1935 and died on 26th February 1996. My dad was truly a devoted f…

Started by Pan Times

1 Oct 14, 2017

Herman Johnston - The Johnston Fantastic Symphony Steel Orchestra - Steelband History

Global - He is one of the central figures in the history of the steelpan instrument and art form. He was a legendary performer, musician, i…

Started by Pan Times

15 Apr 9, 2017
Reply by Pan Times

Wither the Steelband Panorama? by Andre Moses -- WST Special Op Ed

by Andre Moses Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - ...Gradually and seemingly ‘unnoticed’ the crowds and national enthusiasm generated by the St…

Started by Pan Times

19 Jan 6, 2017
Reply by Kelvin scoon

Casablanca Steel Orchestra - Steelband History

Global - The legendary names of Oscar “Bogart” Pyle, Ormond “Patsy” Haynes, Arthur “Art” De Coteau and Anthony Prospect will forever be l…

Started by Pan Times

1 Jun 30, 2016
Reply by Mercer Ramdoo

Dr. Lamuel Stanislaus - History of Carnival

Global - Dr. Lamuel Stanislaus is an intellect, scholar and gentleman whose name is synonymous with excellence and integrity. This charisma…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jun 24, 2016

The Kim Johnson Interview with Vanessa Headley on WACK 90.1FM

The Kim Johnson Interview with Vanessa Headley on WACK 90.1FM - On Youtube Sunday, 22nd May 2016. 03:00 pm. Broadcast by WACK 90.1FM on Pr…

Started by Jeremy de Barry

3 May 24, 2016
Reply by Pan Times

WST History of Pan Time Line

1783 Mass exodus from Haiti, Martinique & Guadeloupe to Trinidad White population grows from one hundred (100), to twenty-five hundre…

Started by Pan Times

28 Nov 13, 2015
Reply by Anthony Corbin

Russell ‘Russ’ Henderson MBE - Legend

Trinidad-born jazz pianist and leading figure in the steelband movement in Britain who helped set up the Notting Hill carnival. Read more…

Started by Pan Times

9 Aug 19, 2015
Reply by Randi Curvan

© 2018   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service