When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'history' (62)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

History - Looking back at the year 1999 in Pan

1999 1999 Desperadoes win the Trinidad & Tobago Panorama playing the tune In My House Angel Harps win Grenada Panorama Ebony wins t…

Started by When Steel Talks

0 yesterday

History - Looking back at the year 2000 in Pan

2000 2000 Major Panorama rule change in Trinidad and Tobago - An arranger can only work with one band; previously an arranger could arran…

Started by Pan Times

0 Dec 7

My Dad Bertrand ''Pewatt"Morris

by Marlene Gomez Bert,Pewee as was called by many was born on 20th October1935 and died on 26th February 1996. My dad was truly a devoted f…

Started by Pan Times

1 Oct 14
Reply by BEDE LOPEZ

Herman Johnston - The Johnston Fantastic Symphony Steel Orchestra - Steelband History

Global - He is one of the central figures in the history of the steelpan instrument and art form. He was a legendary performer, musician, i…

Started by Pan Times

15 Apr 9
Reply by Pan Times

Wither the Steelband Panorama? by Andre Moses -- WST Special Op Ed

by Andre Moses Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - ...Gradually and seemingly ‘unnoticed’ the crowds and national enthusiasm generated by the St…

Started by Pan Times

19 Jan 6
Reply by Kelvin scoon

Casablanca Steel Orchestra - Steelband History

Global - The legendary names of Oscar “Bogart” Pyle, Ormond “Patsy” Haynes, Arthur “Art” De Coteau and Anthony Prospect will forever be l…

Started by Pan Times

1 Jun 30, 2016
Reply by Mercer Ramdoo

Dr. Lamuel Stanislaus - History of Carnival

Global - Dr. Lamuel Stanislaus is an intellect, scholar and gentleman whose name is synonymous with excellence and integrity. This charisma…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jun 24, 2016

The Kim Johnson Interview with Vanessa Headley on WACK 90.1FM

The Kim Johnson Interview with Vanessa Headley on WACK 90.1FM - On Youtube Sunday, 22nd May 2016. 03:00 pm. Broadcast by WACK 90.1FM on Pr…

Started by Jeremy de Barry

3 May 24, 2016
Reply by Pan Times

WST History of Pan Time Line

1783 Mass exodus from Haiti, Martinique & Guadeloupe to Trinidad White population grows from one hundred (100), to twenty-five hundre…

Started by Pan Times

28 Nov 13, 2015
Reply by Anthony Corbin

Russell ‘Russ’ Henderson MBE - Legend

Trinidad-born jazz pianist and leading figure in the steelband movement in Britain who helped set up the Notting Hill carnival. Read more…

Started by Pan Times

9 Aug 19, 2015
Reply by Randi Curvan

RSS

© 2017   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service