When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'in' (31)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Meet Christine Law - Wonderland Steel Band - (1965 - 1967) Trinidad

On Panorama Christine says it is -- “An incredible explosion of musical energy and THE SOUND of Trinidad and Tobago.” Christine Law is now…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 22

Meet Nanae “Nana” Matsumura - Japan

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form “Steel pan is beautiful and fun! Also powerful and intense. I never lose interest. Players…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 20

Meet Tameeka Garcia-Harris - New York, USA

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form “What keeps me going are my memories of growing up and being a part of pan sides in both St.…

Started by Pan Times

2 Apr 1
Reply by knolly smith

A Special Place, A Special Moment - St. Margaret's Boys Steel Orchestra at Carnegie Hall

New York, USA - Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt - They came, they saw, they conquered. Looking back a little over one year ago, it was indeed…

Started by Pan Times

2 Aug 14, 2016
Reply by odw

Department of Culture supports the sweet sound of pan for the second year running

SKNVibes Melvin Hewlett (far left) instructing adult participants from last year’s Pan in Splendor Basseterre, St. Kitts, W.I. - For the…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jul 9, 2016

Marabella gets ready for Pan In De Countryside

Trinidad and Tobago Guardian Outstanding Single Pan steelband T&T Fire Services Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Following last weekend’s…

Started by Pan Times

1 Jul 2, 2016
Reply by evan lobo

Pan-America: calypso, exotica, and the development of steel pan in the United States.

Martin, Andrew Richard 2011-06 The American steel band story is one of migration and the appropriation of the national instrument of Trini…

Started by odw

4 Jun 6, 2016
Reply by Claude Gonzales

The Role Women Arrangers will play in Panorama during in the next decade.

Thanks WST/Pan Times for your continued dedication and service you provide your membership. Your Tribute To Women In Pan “Celebration of…

Started by odw

3 May 30, 2016
Reply by odw

Results - Diatonic Steelpan Institute - Steel in Motion 2016

Results - Diatonic Steelpan Institute - Steel in Motion 2016 Activities in Siparia, Trinidad, TT   Results - Steel in Motion 2016 - Sipari…

Started by Jeremy de Barry

0 May 8, 2016

Diatonic Steelpan Institution - 6th Steel in Motion & Pan Jamboree - 16th April 2016

Diatonic Steelpan Institution - 6th Steel in Motion & Pan Jamboree  - 16th April 2016 Activities in Siparia, Trinidad, TT

Started by Jeremy de Barry

1 Apr 16, 2016
Reply by Cecil hinkson

RSS

© 2017   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Site Meter