When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'music' (71)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

My music: Derek Walcott

Gramophone Fri 17th March 2017 The Nobel Prize-winning poet on opera writing, music and Caribbean speech melodies picture - Derek Walcott (…

Started by Pan Times

2 Mar 20
Reply by Patricia Smith

A magnificent night of music

Trinidad and Tobago Guardian Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - “Magnificent is the only word I can find to describe Constellations II, staged…

Started by Pan Times

3 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by Rita Seethaler

Haskett drums in performance

The Valley Vanguard Michigan, USA - On Saturday, Oct. 22, assistant professor of music education at SVSU (Saginaw Valley State University)…

Started by Pan Times

0 Oct 26, 2016

Cordettes’ pan music legacy

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Cordettes Steel Orchestra may be an unsponsored outfit, but it remains an instit…

Started by Pan Times

1 Oct 2, 2016
Reply by Fitzy T. Spencer

New York Pan Talking Loud and Saying Something - Musically Speaking - 2016

Pan Fantasy - Al Foster arranger Despers USA - Odie Franklin arranger

Started by Pan Times

0 Sep 20, 2016

Grammy Foundation awards Portland High School $5,500 music grant to fund steel drum band

Portland Press Herald One of only 13 awards nationwide, its aim is to broaden the music program for a culturally diverse student population…

Started by Pan Times

1 May 15, 2016
Reply by brenda hosang

Old Lady Walk a Mile

Does anyone have the written musical score for Old Lady Walk a Mile? I am looking for it to add to a calypso medley.

Started by Yolanda Morean

0 Jan 27, 2016

Pantrinbago, Do something for the Pan Tuners Please,

Please do something for the Pan Tuners, especially for the ones that are still alive, Anthony Williams, Neville Jules, Ellie Mannette, Wall…

Started by BEDE LOPEZ

13 Dec 17, 2015
Reply by ARTHUR W TRAVERSO

The upcoming Arrangers for the future are Duvone Stewart and Amrit Samaroo

Watch Duvone Stewart and Emrit samaroo, these 2 fellas are the Arrangers of the future, they are getting closer and closer to the inside of…

Started by BEDE LOPEZ

44 Sep 10, 2015
Reply by BEDE LOPEZ

One of our Comrades Glenroy Joseph is having a serious operation tomorrow, your Thoughts and Prayers are most appreciated,

Glenroy Joseph is having a serious Knee operation  tomorrow , lets hope and prayer his operation is successful, Just trust in the Lord Glen…

Started by BEDE LOPEZ

47 Sep 5, 2015
Reply by (Oscar) Mark Roberts

RSS

© 2017   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service