When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'steelband' (172)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Highlighting Panchromatic Steel of Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Highlighting Panchromatic Steel of Madison, Wisconsin, USA Time to let go all of this recent depressing bacchanal and accumulated rubbish f…

Started by Jeremy de Barry

1 Feb 28
Reply by odw

Carnival – fighting for the right to party since 1830s

Written by Dave Randall -- Brixton Blog On a visit to Trinidad Dave Randall discovered that there is more to carnival than a good time ..…

Started by Pan Times

0 Feb 1

Funding culture vultures

By Raffique Shah January 11, 2018 ...Except for the steelband component which is rising in spite of Carnival, every other aspect what was o…

Started by Pan Times

17 Jan 13
Reply by Mercer Ramdoo

Pan History - Looking back at the year 2000 in Pan

2000 2000 Major Panorama rule change in Trinidad and Tobago - An arranger can only work with one band; previously an arranger could arra…

Started by Pan Times

0 Dec 27, 2017

Angostura sponsors champion steelband

Trinidad and Tobago Guardian Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - President of Pan Trinbago and the executives of Pan Trinbago were in high spirit…

Started by Pan Times

15 Dec 21, 2017
Reply by Ingrid Blackwood-Belle

Do we have anybody on this Site that can relate to the Steelband Clash with Invaders and Tokyo (I think it was 1950) EG: like where you wer…

Started by BEDE LOPEZ

179 Nov 19, 2017
Reply by Glenroy R Joseph

Who Am I? - A Breakdown Of George "Sonny" Goddard's Accomplishments

Steelband performers in Trinidad and Tobago (steeldrum’s birthplace) since 1950, have been represented by three organizations: the Steelban…

Started by Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks

40 Oct 17, 2017
Reply by odw

The struggles of Panorama (Grenada)

The New Today St. George’s, Grenada, W.I. - CEO of Spicemas Corporation (SMC), Kirk Seetahal, has reiterated that Panorama continues to be…

Started by Pan Times

4 Aug 15, 2017
Reply by merrytonestothebone

Resignation of Kirk Seetahal?

The New Today St. George’s, Grenada, W.I. - Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Spicemas Corporation (SMC), Kirk Seetahal has remained tig…

Started by Pan Times

0 Aug 14, 2017

NCC: Panmen to be paid by month’s end

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Panmen who were not paid their stipend for their appearance in the 2017 Panorama…

Started by Pan Times

3 Aug 5, 2017
Reply by Mercer Ramdoo

© 2018   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service