When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'steelpan' (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Jonathan Scales - To the Orient and Back - UpClose!

Have Pan, Will Travel...  “Musicians play music to uplift people, but every once in a while it's the musician that is in need of 'spiritua…

Started by Pan Times

6 yesterday
Reply by Mike

Hearts of Steel the film wins Toronto Short Film Award

Hearts of Steel is a documentary film that follows a group of Toronto teenagers a they prepare and practise rigorously for a musical compe…

Started by Pan Times

1 on Wednesday
Reply by Cecil hinkson

Meet Quill Barthelmy - Laborie, Saint Lucia

“...my main role is to be a mentor, a leader, an organiser and a role model for the entire band. I think it’s very important to have women…

Started by Pan Times

0 Mar 26

Pan Goes To Hollywood and Broadway

The great theme songs of Hollywood and Broadway played by solo panist, steelbands and steel orchestras.

Started by Pan Times

6 Mar 19
Reply by odw

Mannette launches new pan apps

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. -  The national instrument is about to enter a new phase of the digital age through…

Started by Pan Times

3 Jan 14
Reply by Ashley

In Victor Provost’s hands, the steel pan becomes a mesmerizing ride

The Washington Post Washington, D.C., USA -  ....“I completely separate the pan sound, because I want just the content of what I play to st…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jan 6

Steelpan is dead in T&T, says Boogsie

Moments after receiving a national award, panman Len "Boogsie" Sharpe yesterday called on president of Pan Trinbago Patrick Arnold to step…

Started by Trinidesi

12 Dec 12, 2016
Reply by Peter deLight

Revisited - Kim Loy Wong - Taking Pan to the Americans

Kim Loy Wong - Taking Pan to the Americans   Global -  On arrival in New York Wong wasted no time in starting over a dozen Steel Drum progr…

Started by Pan Times

8 Nov 23, 2016
Reply by hollis clifton

The Sixth International Biennial Steelpan Conference

'The Fusion of Steelpan with Other Art Forms in the 21st Century' Book tickets at: To Register for the conference  and get more informati…

Started by Pan Times

2 Aug 15, 2016
Reply by Oobi

Birdsong is too Important for us to Stand Idly By

Without a National Policy for Pan, situations like the eviction imbroglio that is presently confronting Birdsong are bound to occur. If the…

Started by Pan Times

14 Aug 11, 2016
Reply by merrytonestothebone

RSS

© 2017   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Site Meter