2018 NY Panorama

So did the fire burn out on what happened in this year panorama, what is being down to ensure NY pan players are in better hands next year. I mean no 1,2,3 place prizes had to give out so they should have funds to pay bands next year panorama the same night.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Are you kidding... WIADCA lost money on that panorama! The night itself was a washout and the day they did have it the gates were wide open, no vendors, and the bar was closed. Having been owing bands since the previous year, the lack of judging seems to indicate they didn't have funds for prizes this year much less for next year.

• the venders pay a fee for the entire week you can pick and choose what days you vend in the back of the museum, to they had no lost with that. You really believe they had no judges!!!

I still think bands should try to find a proper sponsor for this event and forget wiadca!

• I know they had judges present. In fact one talked to me directly on the Sunday and told me how he would have placed my band (I now wish it had been adjudicated!)

I agree that maybe it's time to break out but for bands to forget WIADCA there needs to be unity and agreement, which I don't see. As it stands, the only unifying force is USSA and given the malaise around their recent election I have a hard time seeing bands rallying around that organization were they to host an alternative panorama.

And besides, I heard that several bands still plan to go back to WIADCA anyway. What's that saying again, the one about the devil you know being better than the devil you don't?

• that is true like in the past bands still went back with widica, but sure something can be done players is what plays a big part, Ussa should have an open forum so players to voice their opinion then

• Many have been waiting for USSA to hold such an open forum. I'm not holding my breath...

• I'm guessing WIADCA IS waiting for things to die down - which they have, I'm hoping the band take into consideration the facts you stated - I am also guessing there is also a possibility that Panorama 2018 in NY may not happen.

This reply was deleted.