New York, NY - American Composers Orchestra (ACO) is pleased to announce that Kendall Williams will be the orchestra's Van Lier Emerging Composer Fellow for the 2013-2014 season. The Fellowship, established in 1999, offers a comprehensive and multi-faceted program that equips emerging composers with the full range of professional skills and tools necessary for building a successful career as a composer of orchestral music. This year's Fellow, Kendall Williams, received his B.A. in Music from Florida Memorial University and M.M. in Music Theory & Composition from NYU Steinhardt, studying with Julia Wolfe, Michael Gordon, and Rich Shemaria. His main instrument is the steel pan.

ACO's Van Lier Fellowship gives young composers the opportunity to work with ACO artistic and administrative leadership in honing their professional skills, participating in planning educational activities and performances, serving as liaison with student composers, and enhancing their professional careers by immersing themselves in the professional environment of ACO over the course of an entire season. The fellowship, which is made possible by the Edward and Sally Van Lier Fund and Musical Arts Fund of the New York Community Trust, is designed to provide a career-development bridge between a young composer's training at the University or Conservatory and the world of the professional orchestra.

Read more about American Composers Announce Kendall Williams as Their Van Lier Emerging Composer Fellow for 2013-2014 - BWWClassical MusicWorld

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Quite a refreshing interview…Good Luck Kendall

• Kendall: I remember interviewing you on television when you were nine. What an extraordinary and colorful journey you have undertaken since then! You, your parents, the instrument, the university, your post-modern style of arranging; and now Princeton. Continue to make it happen. Keep the pitch pine dry and the pot on boil. Good luck. Be seeing you again.

Dalton Narine

• Thanks all for the support and well wishes!!!

• Kendall is an excellent candidate for this program. He is well organized, disciplined and  I know he will excel at the task. I would like to thank American Composers Orchestra (ACO) for giving him this opportunity and exposure because without the necessary amount of music educators, it will be difficult to provide adequate education to those who desire to pursue music (steelpan) as a profession. Kendall  will help expand and encourage younger pannists to pursue higher educaiton and improve their standard of music.

Congratulations!

• Thanks Aunty Claudette!!!

• Kendall, congratulations on your achievement.  Just maintain your focus and keep up the great work!

• Thank you I will definitely keep pushing to do better.

• Congratulations are in order to Kendall Williams.

• Thank you sir I appreciate it!

• Congratulations Kendall on getting a wonderful stage to present your musical talents.

This reply was deleted.