When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

This is big news for Cecil. And for me: Somebody is finally talking about MARKETING STEELBAND MUSIC. But they still need a lot of help from the EXPATS and I don't know if they even know that!!!

"It is also the foundation's objective to include bands from across the globe and to MARKET STEELBAND MUSIC ..."

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20170518/features/8216big-58217-stee...

Views: 1189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Ayesha.

Sometimes I think T&T  stands for Twisty and Twirly. Every little thing tends to end up so twisted and screwed up...

-Big Sid

Ayesha, you and Big Sid have expressed what I've been thinking when I first read the objectives.

Thanks for keep it real...I wanted to blame the author of the article for not probing thoroughly, thinking it a press release for the promotion of the Pan Concert. CIP and XL4PAN did their shows and listed their management teams including their mission statement. We all know players have not been paid for their work. Where is the start-up funding coming from, the sponsors???

International Steelband Foundation

Bringing their bands together under one flag will make it possible to share ideas, bring their skills together and work at making those ideas come to life as a team.

The foundation lunch will be celebrated through the Big 5 – The Pan Concert on July 22

The bands will be presenting a varied repertoire and will include guest artistes as part of their

performances.

We do remember these topics recently...Pan Trinbago goes global.

The PAN TRINBAGO crisis is nothing short of DEPRESSING

http://whensteeltalks.ning.com/forum/topics/pan-trinbago-goes-global 

http://whensteeltalks.ning.com/forum/topics/the-pan-trinbago-cirsis...

-Big Sid: I have to copy your choice of words and say that I interrogated my gut over the use of the word "FOUNDATION" for hours last night. So I have to agree with you that no foundation was necessary. They are scheduled to give a PRESS CONFERENCE in the near future; so maybe we will get more clarity then.

Newsday mentioned in an article that they asked BOOGSIE about the "FOUNDATION" and he replied with a "doh ask me nothing" go and ask so and so. All you points are on point.

But given the stagnancy of the PAN MOVEMENT I have to remind myself that more is lost from INACTION than from ACTION. So I am looking forward to the press conference and the musical composition and the first concert.

"Newsday mentioned in an article that they asked BOOGSIE about the "FOUNDATION" and he replied with a "doh ask me nothing" go and ask so and so."

Thanks Claude. Exactly. That kind of reply vindicates my gut, which I have learned over the years to trust...

-Big Sid

so let's call it the DAMN foundation. The Doh Axe Me Notting foundation. TOXIC.

Newsday just like commess, why did they ask Boogsie in the first place? because they knew that was the kinda answer they would get. Newsday has to continue trying to get Mr Mohammed if they really want an answer.

"Before a group can enter the open society, it must first close ranks." Stokely Carmichael 

Good luck to the Big 5 Foundation. This is absolutely fantastic. 

THis month is a wonderful month to have been sponsored on a tour of UK, TO START.

1. Chelsea Flower Show is now where TT and other WI islands always gain medals for their colourful original displays. The pan music would be wonderful on the mound for picnickers to enjoy or even for the opening.

2. Next comes Ascot Races where a position of a small group plus local commercial (drinks) can be a boost for sales for Trini products.

3. Wimbledon ditto the food and drink but not Pan.  Maybe in the park for free picnicking. TTHC can handle that for nationals and friends.

4 Henley is a bestest for bands on the side or a small group on a barge sailing along the Thames. Drinks bar on the meadows or clubs along the way, tasting booths and concert to showcase the diversity of Pan music and Trini Opera and pop stars in the barmy evening under the skies. 

5 Our Tourist Board was told of this many moons ago and I even discussed helping Angostura !! Zilch in 1990s. It's now 2017. Pan lead the way for the Queens previous jubilee. T&T did not get the credit for that, think it was a Jamaican who organised the Carnival show which led the procession. Time is now so congrats to the 5 stars and their sponsors. Just don't fight which one is superior, it's for the music and recognition of the talent we have on theses tiny islands.

6. Oh before I forget, the PROMS at Albert Hall will be the jewel for the Pan to STAR among the bestest music in Europe.

RSS

© 2017   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service