Cultural Icon and Pan Activist Eddie Yearwood passes away this evening.

He suffered a massive heart attack.

He was a Calypso Tent Emcee and a Pan Commentator.

He was in the process of finalising arrangements for a two-hour radio programme about pan.

Sincere condolences to his sons.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Oh my........condolences to the family. Eddie always had a  wonderful smile,

what a genuine guy. May your soul rest in Peace, My Brother.

• Lovely picture can evoke beautiful memories! RIP

• Condolences to the Yearwood family.   We will miss you Swanky Pops.

• A St. James icon. Eddie will be missed. Condolences to his family.

• My condolences to the family of Eddie Yearwood. He will be surely missed.

WEB.

• Condolenses to Eddie and Family. Basil seems to be working over time calling home so many of our Cultural icons. May 'Eddie 'Swanky Pops Yearwood and all the other souls who returned home, all Rest in Peace.

• Condolences to the relatives of Eddie Yearwood on his passing. he was as good as they came. I met him when I joined Starlift in 1979, and thoroughly enjoyed playing on the same rack as he did. He was a really nice guy. I spoke with him on the night of WE BEAT in St. James....and now this....Rest in Peace my friend.

• Wow Basil real busy boy...R.I.P. Eddie

• Eddie...ESE-O(Thank You,Sincerely),for all of your Positive. Cultural contributions; especially in the PAN-Sphere! Ah know yuh will enjoy your Ancestor-ship!*Condolences...T 'N T Famaly! ASE-O!!!
  • Eddie was my brother in law for fourteen plus years always doing something whether it was pan,  calypso, selling Insurance and other things he was not afraid, he would say" What is the worst thing that could happen, Then he would answer I could die but then again I was suppose to die since I small." Eddie left many positive messages in life, lessons taught with a happy countenance and lets not forget the laugh.  My condolences to all those who would miss him.

This reply was deleted.