Replies

• I think fonclaire and La Brea should have been in me personally I feel they played their song way better than silver stars, I think la brea does get a raw deal lots of times small bands I think sforzata played better than joylanders

• Fonclaire went over the allotted time of 8 min by almost 15 sec. Not sure how that affected their score.
  • The Steelband Orchestra... Dr. Pat Bishop on the Panorama " it's the ability of bands to extend a verse and chorus into orchestral music." As Bradley would say the difference between hearing and listening. A one point difference going into the Finals...

2017 PanoramaLive Semi FNL: All Stars 4K

2017 PanoramaLive SEMI/ Desperadoes /4K

• Sounds a lot like "Curry Tabanca" a lot like it. Yet is not as varied or as good...is Pan Music headed for the deep depressing hole that USA music already descended into? I was refering to Trinidad All Stars, not the Despers where it seems I posted this. 

• Everybody that deserves to be there is there , in all competitions there is a first and a last
    A bottom and a top and all cannot be there on the top, there were some good arrangements
    And then there was just the same old stuff regurgitating from years pasted.
    Same run and crescendos that makes no sense, these so call accomplish arrangers are not being creative
    Musically at all, the only really different piece I heard this season is coming out of All Stars pan yard where all the pans played the same phrase no rhythm and into the chorus, that was for me the highlight of the rama..
    Thank
    Miguel
  • Palatable music is not the order of the day. Jam, jam, noise, noise is what's ingrained in our DNA so limitations abound.
    • I got to agree with this sentiment so far. I ent listened to all the bands, nor even the calypso songs they chose. What I have heard is lotta simple lyric and dance repetition wine de bumsie type stuff. Not really enough going on to stretch into a 10minute musical arrangement! "Good Morning" is a great example, as it seems lotta bands chose it to play. Why not it is a simple song, but I ent hear anything that did much art with such a limited ting.

• bugs: ah glad yuh put up this topic. Ah put up ah post accusing the judges of OMISSION and people misread it and accuse me of accusing the judges of "TEEFING" -- which I never did. Now you know that my constant cry on this forum (for years on end) is promoting the PAN MUSIC GLOBALLY and when I see a rare local talent with the POTENTIAL to take PAN MUSIC GLOBAL then I am ready to push my agenda with full force. That is the PRINCIPLE under which I would have liked to see the judges just tilt a little towards!!!

• Aye Bugs, I find Fonclaire had a good tune and they executed it well, they should have made it. As to why they were left out, It's because we are from SOUTH.

This reply was deleted.