New York, USA -  As per the song, 2018 has been the Year For Love - and the year that Despers USA Steel Orchestra ended nineteen winless years of participating in the annual New York Panorama, capturing its seventh championship title in the process. Despers USA came out swinging with a high-energy performance that hugged now-newly-minted champion arranger Odie Franklin’s outstanding musical blueprint. On a night laced with credible performances of a high nature Despers USA clearly made a statement. Playing in the final position, number seven, the band was also the fourth on this night to choose a song that this year has become so very popular for its positivity while maintaining its stark commentary on life.

The quiet storm known as Odie Franklin hit New York on September 1, 2018 - full blast, with full effect. No one can act like they didn’t see it coming.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ah think ah better give up this PAN TING, yes. Or go by the DOCTOR and buy a GOOD MODERN HEARING AID!!!

Because NOBODY (and I mean NOFP) made ONE POSITIVE comment about CASYM and KENDALL WILLIAMS -- a PANORAMA ARRANGEMENT FOR THE AGES!!!

Lord, I know that I does live on the OTHER SIDE OF THE BANK -- but all CASYM had to do was PLAY THE INTRO and the SHOW DONE for me!!!

The little C MINOR vamp out was nice and gentle too!!!

• Thanks Pan Times and congratulations to all 7 participants. No comparisons, just coincidental: (1) Duvone Stewart and Odie Franklin were players when their respective entities won for the 9th time. (2) Going back to the "19th Century" Renegades' last victory was in 1997, Despers USA's last win was in 1998. In 2018. (3) Both Duvone and Odie arrangements won their respective "BIG Panoramas." (4) Duvone took 7 attempts as in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018; Odie also took 7 tries as in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, * and 2018. *No Brooklyn panorama in 2017. (5) Renegades won playing first, Despers USA won playing last. (6) 2018 is a Year for Love for both.

This reply was deleted.