Favourite Sparrow

Sparrow has so many great calypsoes that so exqusitely capture the soul of the Nation; in lyrics, music and delivery;It is difficult to choose. Melda, Sa sa yeh, Phillip My Dear, "... George Bailey I will always remember; when ah steelband pas' playing mas'' The names maybe subject to correction but hopefully readers will know the ones I have noted.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Regardless of your political point of view , "One Love , One Heart " is the sweetest political calypso ever.
    The arrangement , the pan solo , the horns, true calypso music at its sweetest !

A Winsford Divine composition , I believe ?
  • One of my top Sparrow arrangements on pan was Solo Harmonites "Pussy Laughing at me" , as arranged by the great Earl Rodney.

That was the real sound and power of Harmonites from the early days.

• Sparrow Parables...

• Mighty Sparrow - One Love One Heart

• A true leader and nation builder in his own right...timeless classics.

Mighty Sparrow EDUCATION

• Mighty Sparrow - Calypso Trade Unionist

• In some ways, Melda was more than a calypso. There was a mood and excitement to the song even though the lyrics were controversial. 

• A man with musical knowledge and great taste for good music Claude Gonzales and my good friend Glenroy Joseph. Yes Earl Rodney a legend in music will always be honored for his excellent contributions. To add to your best of Sparrow's memorable tunes are: Patsy, Bermuda Girls, Jean and Dinah, Saturday Night, Sell the Pussy and many more, a very controversial one indeed. The master Earl Rodney arranged those and many more with Sparrow Troubadors. Some of you were too young to remember.

Orville DeVlugt "Dutchy".

This reply was deleted.