Festival of Steel: July 9-15, 2017

Meet us in Morgantown, West Virginia for the 2017 Ellie Mannette Festival of Steel.

Take part in a week-long festival celebrating the steel pan art-form and the "Grandfather of Pan" himself, Dr. Elliot "Ellie" Mannette. Please check out our website http://www.festivalofsteel.org/ to learn more about our Artists, Lectures/Masterclasses & Performances. Please check out what's new for 2017. Registration for Performance or Building curriculum is OPEN now!

DUVONE STEWART JOINS THE 2017 FACULTY

In addition to the rest of our talented Faculty, Duvone joins our Guest Faculty for the 2017 Festival! This will be a unique opportunity for students to learn from this champion arranger outside of a panorama setting. Duvone brings a talent every group is sure to enjoy.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• odw, u r someone I respect, and everyone has the right to there own opinion, but what's up with this "Grandfather of Pan" routine??? let me just simplify this a bit, just to name a few who was there loonnggggg before him, the 1st Carlton (sonny sire) Roach, of 'Harlem Nightingale",Nob Hill and the Young Sunvallians, to Sun Valley,, Winston (the wolf) King of Cross Roads, Totie Wilson,of Alexander Rag time Band, his older brother who started "Oval Boys", Ossie Mannette, his nephew Herman Gomez who took over Oval Boys when Ossie went to prison for something Ellie did, the late Carlton (biggs ) Marshall, the late Kelvin Morris, Anthony Williams etc etc etc...

• odw my brother, i hereby retract my statement, no offense meant and none was intended what soever...

• JJJ: Ellie Mannette took his skills to AMERICA and sold his BRAND as he chose to define it. That is marketing, bro. That man get so many awards in America for birthing the PAN -- you cannot imagine!!!

Man, I want you to take some of that money that is coming your way and set up a nice little recording studio for PAN so we could put out some REAL PAN MUSIC. Plus ah want to read your book and PAN EXPERIENCE. Ah like to read about PAN and CALYPSO. You should give us a chapter or two on WST because you witnessed (first hand) a historical chapter in PAN STORY.

• OK Mi Amigo, not my way, S.N.S.E.'s and all pan men way, I'll post the "Preface" of The "ORACLE" before I publish it... hey by the way, Ellie and my "MOM" are 1st cousins, the both were born the same year she's March, and his is November in San Soce Toco, not too far from "Big Bay", I know the man inside out OK...

• Brother JJJ, with all due respect that's not my wording, I copied the email I received from them and shared it with the forum.  This is an annual event that's been going for the past 25 years. This is their approach to marketing the workshop and his branding. Any one who knows their history can attest to the facts.

http://www.panonthenet.com/articles/usa/Wvirginia/festivalofsteel.htm

• Maybe in two years THE BIG 5 FOUNDATION could stage a "BIG 5 FESTIVAL OF STEEL" in TRINIDAD.

• "This will be a unique opportunity for students to learn from this champion arranger outside of a panorama setting.

Duvone brings a talent every group is sure to enjoy."

Ras Shorty I & The Love Circle - Conscious Chutney 

NYU Steel performs a Liam Teaque arrangement of Conscious Chutney by Ras Shorty I at the 2017 NYU Steel Spring 2017 concert.

• Pan Elders - Roti & Talkarie

• THE MECCA OF THE STEELBAND: TRINIDAD OR AMERICA?

This reply was deleted.