IS THIS GOOD OR BAD?

It seems like they have made  Steelband music a sit down and listen thing unlike yesteryear when people danced and had fun, is this good or bad, does this contribute to the stagnation of the steelband in the Mecca?

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I used to play steel band records enjoying the marvelous dance tunes of Silver Stars, Solo Harmonites, North Stars but the music we are playing call Ramajah are so noisy I do not buy these records any more. Today I am admired for playing music that people can identify the tune and change around the tune to dance beat that people to listen and dance too. Arrangement is not the problem but losing the tune you are playing is the problem.

• The problem with Pan as I see it is one of Service...It is quite evident in most organizations locally. We love to Rule...We love to Govern...We crave Authority...We seldom Serve...

• merrytones, as it is today we screwed up everything that made the steelband stand out, it is my opinion that's it's not too late to fix the errors. BACK TO BASICS.

• People in the Mecca has to be mature and realize that there's nothing wrong if we bring back certain things we did in the past, we have to admit that nothing has been working lately.

• Irreparable damage was done to Panorama when the show organizers banned supporters from occupying the area between the North Stand and the stage...dey really spoil the show with that...as it stands now supporters have to wait off-stage for their band...No comparison to the North Stand jam...

• Merrytones how long does it take for a bad idea to be corrected?

bugs

• When there is a will there is a way. Motivation missing?

• The problem Bugs, is that once an idea works for someone they will never think of it as bad...therin lies most of the problems facing the modern Steelband movement...So you think the powers that be, whether Pan Trinbago or individual bands are not aware of all the ills affecting Pan?...Especially Panorama?

• Bring back the big bands rolling on the ground for panorama prelims as it was before.

• I agree, pans should be rolling on the ground. Can be done if the youth can design a passive system for this to work. Instead of having players jumping from steelband to steelband during panorama, to ' eat ah food', have these players develop ideas to create systems to move the pans. Pay them more than the best player can make at panorama.

This reply was deleted.