The Steel Times - The Steel Times, Vol. 1, January 2018  

For years I have been linking the chain on PAN IN AMERICA for all to read and process. But all everybody on this forum care about is PANORAMA!!!

They established the BOTTOM!!! They established THE MIDDLE!!! And now they have established THE TOP!!!

As DONALD TRUMP would say: SAD!!!

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Claude , I don't know about you , but I do not intend to discriminate against anyone with progressive ideas for the advancement of the art-form , whether they're from the America , Trinidad  or O-he- o-ho ( as my mother used to say(

• Pan in America and Pan in T&T might only have the word Pan in common.. There MUST be serious dialogue about the steelband/steelpan in T&T before they are left in the dark....

• bugs: I think that BUGS and MERRYTONESTOTHEBONE and DR. NYOMBA should attend this conference.

Very appropriately, the theme for this first edition of The Steel Times is the First Annual NSSBE Conference to be held on March 10, 2018 in Oxford, OH, and the headlining guest artists for that conference, Victor Provost. Conference organizers Mike Greer and Mike Wendeln have done a wonderful job in bringing together a great collection of artists for the day, and I am super excited to see and hear Victor Provost live - he is just an unbelievable talent, and always inspires.
    • Claude there are so many qualified people than these people to lead such an organization right here in America..  Dr, Nyomba, Dr. Batson, Dr. Gormandy, Professor Etienne Charles. Professor Ron Reid, Dr. Robert Stephens, Dr. Jonathan Haas. Not to forget Merrytones, Kim Johnson, Ray Holman,   I could go on and on. 

bugs

• It is what it is. For many panorama is important. But panorama is over. But even before then there are brothers out there making sure that things are moving. The issue of succession to the leadership of PT has been raised on this forum and the CIP should be back on the case now that panorama is over. I can't be but optimistic. Changes are a coming!

• Dr. Nyomba

Did anyone contact you to play a pivotal role, or at least be part of the steering committee for this organization?

bugs

• Dead men walking Claude Dead men walking...  They are oblivious to what is happening in broad daylight. SAD indeed.

• Black Stalin - Appreciation

The National Society of Steel Band Educators (NSSBE) website

http://weteachpan.org/

• 2959989033?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

Ellie Mannette and the Oval Boys, circa 1944

This reply was deleted.