Streamed live 23 hours ago

Born and raised in the twin-island Republic of Trinidad & Tobago, Josanne Francis is an internationally known steelpan performer and music educator. Her music delivers that special "extra" that separates her from even the greats, and catapults listeners into a unique and exceptional place.

CHECK OUT THE SOUND with water in the PAN @ 44:45

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• TALENT is TALENT, yuh can't FAKE it to make it...

• I have seen her playing with PanMasters of Brentwood, Maryland and CAFE of Hyattsville, Maryland. The young lady is so cool, it is the first time that I have ever heard her talk. She is a BOSS.
    • TEDxBethesda

Published on Apr 4, 2018

Born and raised in the twin-island Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, Josanne Francis is an internationally known steelpan performer and arts educator. In this well-received performance, Josanne and co. play some of their favorite steelpan tunes and share a bit about the cultural context that created them. Born and raised in the twin-island Republic of Trinidad & Tobago, Josanne Francis is an internationally known steelpan performer and arts educator. Her music delivers that special 'extra' that separates her from even the greats, and catapults listeners into a unique and exceptional place.

With hands that seem to float like the wings of a butterfly with a 'wand-like' touch, her music is not devoid of power when needed. Ms. Francis' music blends together and draws influences from traditional Calypso music, Jazz, Indian, Funk, Rock and Classical music—a unique mix which is not typical for the instrument.

Josanne has performed at venues such as the Kennedy Center and Carnegie Hall, and has appeared as a guest artist at festivals and universities across the United States. Currently, Josanne is one of 6 Artists in Residence at Strathmore for the 2017-2018 season.

The Steelpan: A Gem from Trinidad and Tobago! | Josanne Francis |

• GLOBAL PAN STAR!!!

The WHOLE PACKAGE!!! And she is HEARING THINGS ... things that I have been waiting to hear from a TRINIDAD PAN PLAYER!!!

UNLIMITED POTENTIAL!!!

• Claude, I hear you LOUD and CLEAR we are on the same page...

• What a wonderful surprise to tune in to the recording of this exciting concert by Ms. Francis and the other musicians! She is an accomplished player with a delicate touch! The inclusion of the tabla player seems such a natural fit with the pan. Bravo Ms. Francis!
  • beautiful

• Easily ranks among the best that I have ever heard. Soft hands of a top pan player.

This reply was deleted.