Phase II

Desperadoes

Skiffle

Birdsong

Tropical Angel Harps - 2017 Panorama Prelim

La Brea Steel Orchestra - 2017 Panorama Prelim

Buccooneers

San City

Tunapuna All Stars Steel Orchestra Preliminary Night! Rhythm Run Tings 2017- Small Band Category

Pan Elders

Phase II

Renegades

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i have only heard allstats ,sofar and they are far behind my opinion music empty no inside music, I wil take my time and listen to teothers, they have to tighten up and put more inside music, too plain withot the Allstas vibes, am not feeling it ,

• What the hell is going on with Boogsie, is he possessed by some extra ordinary and powerful force. This music to
    me, surpasses everything I have ever heard from him. It is a pity he has to compete against the same old style.
    Those guys seem to be afraid to try innovative things. The Phase is in a class alone. This arrangement is out of this world, it brought tears to my eyes, just couldn't believe that Boogsie had so much inside still, WOOOW!

• Oswald, I'm glad that you said that, I had the same experience, have you ever notice that he plays less notes, yet get more music? less is more. Lets hope the judges don't get tie-up with arrangement and performance. yuh know how they doh know what to do when they hear tempo and see people jumping.

• Cecil, in the decade before "Do Something For Pan' the Phase had consistently finished in the first three, but town believe that Diaz had some kind of influence when the band was placed lower with this said rendition. This time around Boogsie was again at the forefront in protest calling for the removal of Diaz and he gang. So doh be surprise if dey pass dey hatchet on this most delicious piece of music. May God forbid!

• OSWALD, I did not think of that, so if that yard stick is used All Stars could be in trouble also?

Anyhow you look at it Panorama 2017 will be awesome.

• Well I went back and listened to the WHOLE BOOGSIE PERFORMANCE and I am surprised that there are not ONE THOUSAND members of WST ranting and raving about the BRILLIANCE of the music!!!

• If you want a lot of notes you won't get that from Boogsie, it's what he does with those he uses. awesome.

• Cecil: If Boogsie stays in that vein next year -- HE DONE WIN 2018 already. What he needs is a good VOCALIST (and a good LYRICIST) that  could deliver POPULAR LYRICS (Like GOOD MORNING) to win AIRPLAY and drill the music into the heads of the FANDOM.

• Knowing Boogsie as I do,he is not even finished yet,that is just a preview. This looks like a clear runaway for Phase Two this year.Blessings.
          • Morning Glory, the judges could beat them.

This reply was deleted.