I think I just realize is Glenroy Joseph himself who post this big video:

I have been watching this for years now, but I want to know what WST thinks.

So who tek it?

Honestly, I feel Boogsie is the boss and based on the disparaging remarks I have seen Claude make in the past about Mr. Sharpe, I am sure he would disagree, but how could anyone deny the man's obvious virtuosity?

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• without even looking at the vid i woulsay no one, these  2 masters e ar tw different typeof players, ltheyare in a class by themselves,

• Wha yuh tellin mi to do? Compare?

Maaaan!

Pan in yuh rukungtukunkung!

Tanks fi di post boi!

• Rudy: I took a trip crossing three rivers in Guyana using trains and boats. I crossed the Demerara river and then the Berbice river and then the Essequibo to the edge of the Venezuelan border. Almost made a trip into the interior to mine diamonds with some professionals later but I chickened out and then took a boat back to Trinidad. I was 19!!!

• That's how its done. Now you can cross the rivers on a barge which will transport you and your car, along with chickens, goats, cows, boy, Guyana is a trip.

A huge country full of gold, diamonds, timber, oil, and other riches, not to mention rivers with islands the size of Barbados. Guyana can actually fit all of the Caribbean islands in its territory with room to spare, but unfortunately since your time there, which were the ''good old days when the british were in charge'', things have taken a drastic turn for the worse as you can see with the numerous Guyananese who run to Trinidad only for the Trinis to ball that the Guyanese are over running the country with crime and need to be deported! So much for Caricom and freedom of movement for its citizens, but its a nice idea though!

Corruption is a really wicked ting, mi a tell yuh.

• Rudy Kendall: The DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION is boring me to tears. So I decided to revisit your little "disparaging" jab at me. Since you are such a good researcher, you should look beyond the comments you found on the surface and dig a little deeper and you will see my views on PAN. I will give you a hint: I am a CALYPSO LOVER and a PAN SUPPORTER.

With the emphasis on the word "SUPPORTER" as opposed to "LOVER".

• So naturally I take this to mean that to you calypso is primary and pan is secondary. 

Look Claude, you won't find any disagreement with me on this because I was listening to calypso while I was still in the womb. I was intimate with Calypso before I became intimate with the pan and today, it is still a music that is a part of my genetic make-up. 

I have never mentioned this, but my family has produced a well known calypsonian who was a Guyana Soca Monarch:

http://guyanachronicle.com/sweet-kendingo-adding-spice-to-the-lives...

Like I said, Calypso runs in my blood!

• Rudy: We have more in common than you can imagine. I lived in Guyana (24 Sandy Babb Street, Kitty) for two years. We is pardners for life!!!

• see it deh? my family originally hails from New Amsterdam, Berbice. Way out in the Corentyne side. Still have a lot of Kendalls about the place from Georgetown to Corentyne.

• Now this is the best solo performance mi ever see! No cheesy karaoke background tracks, just straight pan and talent! And the man only a use 2 sticks but sound like multiple players! 

• And Patrick, 

Othello Molineaux is definitely a boss on the tenor. However, I am mostly familiar with his funk/jazz work with the Weather Underground and Jaco Pastorius, and given his associations with that group, I can't really say for certain that obeah nuh mix up in deh somewhere! 

That's why mi a seh OBEAH FREE music and pannist who work offa natural talent. Respect same way.

This reply was deleted.