This was sent to my band's e mail address.

Pan Trinbago pays $600,000. for Ramesh and 2016 junior panorama money still can’t be paid.

By: Aquil Arrindell

It is alleged that Secretary, acting as president during the January-February period, when the president was allegedly sick, was convinced by the PRO and the ERO to take NCC to court. It is also alleged that the president’s advisor advised against such a move and for this the PRO and the rest of the then executive want him out. The president who was on television avoiding questions from Mr. Mark Bassant on the first court hearing, and who was supposed to be on sick leave recovering after having collapsed allegedly due to heart complications was there in support of the lawsuit. However, according to reports, when the president came back to work, he distanced himself from the action against NCC and too, stood in defence of his advisor. These variables are the cause of serious division among the executive who are leading an already divided Pan Trinbago.

Other than the inability to truly lead this organization, the injustice against its members is unbearable. Youth bands decided that they wanted to enter the Junior Panorama competition in 2016. They practiced and they took part. Some were fortunate to make it to the finals. This incurred a heavy cost for services provided (transportation for pans, racks and players; refreshments, welders, drillmaster, arranger, tuners, printers, jerseys etc.), to be paid from the money that was won. From 2016 to now this debt has still not been paid. In addition, because of the non-payment to service providers, some bands could not afford to participate in the 2017 Junior Panorama, which broke their morale. Now some on the executive may be glad that these youth bands suffer because their leaders speak out against the injustices they endure under Pan Trinbago present executive. But these are 10 bands with 65 children each. You are hurting the children of the nation with your selfish actions. Is it that youth bands don’t have a vote so we treat them like dirt?

Now to tie in the two issues. How do we justify the Junior Panorama $600,000. budget for 2016 and pay Mr. Ramesh an alleged $600,000. to fight a case that the president’s advisor, advised against and that the president has distanced himself from? We keep hearing from the executive, ‘We can’t pay our bills because we have no money’. Where are we getting money to pay all these lawyers fees? Why couldn’t they not have gone to court and taken that same money to pay the junior bands? Does the membership have a say in which cases we use our money to fight? Or is it that whoever runs the executive can just spend our money on whatever cases they want. Are we so inhumane that children don’t matter anymore? Let us pay ourselves, let’s pay our friends, let’s pay our lawyers and to hell with the children.  When you gentlemen (the executive) hold hands and pray, who do you pray to, really? My God! Have mercy!

I beg of you, the executive of Pan Trinbago, for the sake of the youths, pay the money owed. If the youth are our future, then treat them with the same respect you would like them to treat you with when you grow old.

Document of Concerned Individual of Pan

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mr Claud, you are quite correct. I too am not confident with the pool of people lurking in the background to step in when the CIP does all the ground work. Their silence and non action shows that they are either happy with what is taking place in PT or they are afraid to talk, which tells me they either have no integrity or no balls.  

I am also agreeing with Mr. Cooper that something is seriously wrong with our membership. Their non action also shows a lack of integrity or no balls as well.

The CIP is saying that there is no need to join us but there is a need to speak out and take action, in what way suits you.

Let me to also remind my WST family that the real challenge would be to take Pan Trinbago out of a thirty million debt within a decaying economy and secret binding contract which in some cases is over the next three to five years. Discussion at this time should no doubt be "should we start a new organisation" to conduct the affairs of steel bands in Trinidad and Tobago.

• Aquil: You keep telling me that you are a POSITIVE PERSON. Well let me tell you something POSITIVE: Debt is negotiable!!! So don't worry about that 34M$$$$$ right now; worry about how to get KEITH DIAZ out of office. The good thing is that you are waking up to the political reality. And there is nothing seriously wrong with the membership. Keith Diaz has his followers and they are IN FOR LIFE. You want to make PAN a year-round concern within a profitable business structure -- but PAN TRINBAGO is not about that.

The ISF has already started a new organization!!! For all intents and purposes the ISF is the NEW PAN TRINBAGO (if they could stay together as a UNITED FRONT). Don't tell me that yuh living in Trinidad and cannot see that. How are you going to form a NEW PAN ORGANIZATION without MONEY or PRODUCT or GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES?

Why do you want to carry all this weight on your shoulder, Young Man? Keith Diaz is going to be leading PAN TRINBAGO until the year 2020. How many times do I have to tell you that?

If the BIG 5 CONCERT draws a SIZEABLE crowd, they are the NEW LEADERS of PAN. If the BIG 5 CONCERT fails to draw a decent crowd -- that's a WIN for Keith Diaz and he continues to be the GREATEST POLITICIAN the world has ever seen. I begged the CIP to hire me as a political consultant to TAKE DOWN DIAZ and allyuh never bother with me.

Ah thought GREGORY was supposed to organize some marches?

• Mr. Claude we will welcome you as a political consultant soon as we become a political organization. lol Thank you for all that was said. I know you, as we all do, want the best for the organization. 

• Aquil: I get so tired waiting for you and Gregory, I went and put in an application to join the ISF. They have BRAND NAME RECOGNITION and FAN CLUBS and MUSIC and STEELBAND PRODUCTS and TOURING SIDES in place and SPONSORS. And now that the 5 Bands are thinking as ONE, we might be able to bring some music out of T&T and start making a SPLASH globally.

You new to the forum so you might not be aware of the two primary agendas. Cecil Hinkson wants to bring PAN BACK ON THE ROAD FOR CARNIVAL. And I want to see some PAN MEN in Trinidad producing some MARKETABLE PAN MUSIC which could get GLOBAL AIRPLAY and generate decent sales around the world. This is the last time I am stating my agenda on this forum for anybody.

So tear up my political consultant application. I am looking for a Democratic Candidate to back for the 2020 race but all they seem to have on the horizon is a homosexual senator from the East Coast and and a lesbian senator from the West Coast. Looks like I have to give up the politics thing and concentrate solely on the PAN MUSIC production.

Maybe you and me could put some music together while you are waiting for 2020 and the end of the KEITH DIAZ DYNASTY. But I don't want NO STEELBAND. I just want ONE PAN in my music production.

• Mi Amigo, Brian Copeland the "Plagiarist" is on the ISF board of directors, that alone spells TROUBLE for the ISF, therefore I will reiterate his last 3 embezzlement projects, the $25 million tt dollars Lottery Board sponsored "Techno Pan" project, in 2004 where Selwyn Tarradat et al had fell through/abandon project, where later in 2005, Brian Copeland cousin the then Prime Minister Patrick A. Manning gave a mandate/order him Copeland, Junia Regrello, and Clement Imbert, to "research and create a new family of steel pans, based on the tenor pan,  but the pans to be made must be in the fourths and fifths model or the spider web, and it must be patented", question; who derive/invented the technology? ans; Anthony Williams, who already patent and copyrighted it? ans; SNSE/Williams, who derived the big tenor and the mega pan in WST profile photo ? ans; YOURS TRULY, after our 1964 2nd panorama victory, as Williams assistant helper tuner from November 1963, i sunk and grooved a tenor,pan and implemented 48 notes on the regular 22 inches  in diameter size drum, one guy said, da pan car tune, it ha to many notes on it, I say wat?  yo mad or wat?  Anthony Williams say Leslie you'll need ah bigger drum, that's how the SNSE/Williams big tenor pan derived/came, the very same size he Copeland claim to be his "Genesis first of it's kind G-pan", he copied claiming it to be his, I was gonna challange him to play "Voices of Spring, Minute Waltz, Sleeping Beauty Waltz< Poet and Peasants" etc etc , but I KNOW, that he can't play shit, on that pan he suppose to have invented, but what their objective was, it was to embezzle $90.9 million U.S. dollars/money, and still counting from T&T country's treasury, at this present time, everything is on shut down at UWI, but if they, OR ANYONE, touch another drum or say they're tuning or trying to tune one at UWI,  there would be hell to pay, I/we, have spy's in place, just like we had in "Skiffle Bunch" yard that tells us everything there doing, so be careful with these people/ISF mi amigo,...

• WELL SAID MI AMIGO, WELL SAID, then there is, some hope for pan and pan men after all and, just maybe, DIAZ may last until 2020, just maybe, so you tell dem mi amigo...

• Trevor Emanuel Cooper,  the ting is, no one knows how to remove the guy. $600,000 paying for good advise from Ramesh.

• We the entire membership of the Pan fraternity are encouraging all this mis- management of members' funds which are held by Pan Trinbago. Since 2012 The members of the New Visionaries had indicated everything that has happened and is still taking place. We referred to Mis- Management of funds, Lack of Transparency, lack of Accountability, Bullying of the membership and total lies by the President and his committee members. This is five years later and we still making a joke about it. The hard part is that we are all directly involved in what is taking place, beacuse we are all people of interest in the Instrument. So, besides a few who stood up strong and spoke up We are all to blame because we are doing nothing about it. At least Kamla persad Bissessar and the PP lost the election, but it is quite apparent that we "LIKE IT SO".

• Aquil complaining about $600,000 when the organization is $34,000,000 in debt. The UPPM/CIP were confident that they could just walk right in take over the leadership from Keith Diaz. And a stroke of good luck befell them but they just could not close the deal. Gregory Lindsay got way too excited and dizzy with the power grab spiking the ball before getting into the end zone.

A lot of people are quite happy with KEITH DIAZ; he is a masterful politician.

We agitate on this forum a lot hoping for change!!! But, to be honest, I have not seen any QUALITY LEADERS waiting in the wings to replace KEITH DIAZ. And outside of using this forum as a COMPLAINT BOARD -- there is very little the CIP can do to bring about change. I did have some hope for them but that A to Z list they came up with indicated to me that they would so tie themselves up in bureaucratic red tape -- you will have to fill out a five page form just to enter the office.

I support their posts just to keep the Anti-Diaz BUZZ going. But I am sure that KIETH DIAZ will still be in office in 2020. The CIP is not going to make it that far. So for the most part we just spinning top in mud. Sort of like dem soldiers pretending to look for the Gregory Laing kidnappers. When it is most likely that it was the soldiers who were involved and just started a new wave of kidnappings. What a charade!!!

NOT ALL OF US LIKE IT SO!!!

• At the end of the day (June 30th, 2017), with half the year gone, KEITH DIAZ is still RULING PAN TRINBAGO with ZERO OPPOSITION or ACCOUNTABILITY. If he wants to pay a lawyer $600,000 -- he just pays the lawyer $600,000 because when KEITH DIAZ talk no damn CIP DOG BARK.

Ah feel sorry for Aquil!!! I like Aquil!!! But he is way too politically innocent. He keeps expecting KEITH DIAZ to DO THE RIGHT THING. He make this long list of A to Z rules and walk up to KEITH DIAZ and tell KEITH DIAZ: Heh!!! Ah want you to apply these rules in running PAN TRINBAGO. Now KEITH DIAZ is ah long time San Juan All Stars Bad John-- yuh think KEITH DIAZ following any rules. Yuh think Pablo Escobar and El Chapo (check out NETFLIX, allyuh -- "El Chapo" real good) does follow any rules unless dem fellahs lock up in JAIL.

Now bugs promise me that the Ministress of Culture was going to put KEITH DIAZ in an ORANGE JUMPSUIT. But DOLLY doh have the cojones for that (no sexism intended -- just a figure of speech). It just seem now like LAW and ORDER dead down in Trinidad and even Rowley admit yesterday that the police force too corrupt to solve any crimes. It sounded like a subtle message to me to the criminals to step up the kidnappings and killing because yuh not going to get ketch. SO SAD!!!

I have had a crime plan for Trinidad for years now -- but they will call it HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS. However, when criminals go into a series of homes over the last six months and slit the throats of innocent victims -- those are NOT HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS. And they never ever catch THE PERPS -- ah wonder why? Well, actually, I know why!!! But that is another political story.

Bottom line is whether today is June 30th, 2017 or June 30th, 2019 -- at the end of the day KEITH DIAZ will still be running PAN TRINBAGO. So if the CIP agenda is to RIP KEITH DIAZ from that office -- they need a NEW STRATEGY. I will give Aquil a hint: It has to be dedicated CYBER WARFARE!!! Ah have the whole A TO Z strategy mapped out. Furthermore, if there is a new election -- ISA have a big slate of candidates already buying new furniture for the PAN TRINBAGO OFFICE.

So Aquil will be better off PRODUCING some PAN MUSIC (for global consumption) and developing his STEELBAND or even setting up some International Performances For Himself to promote STEELBAND MUSIC. Because it is easier for Obama to become PRESIDENT of the USA again and for Donald Trump to stop TWEETING than for anybody in TRINIDAD to take the PRESIDENCY away from THE RIGHT HONOURABLE KEITH DIAZ.

This reply was deleted.