RBC Redemption Sound Setters out Panorama 2017

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. -  The only Tobago steelband registered in the Large Conventional band category has pulled out of the 2017 National Steelband Panorama competition.

Marie Toby, manager of the RBC Redemption Sound Setters, said yesterday the band was in the process of despatching a letter to their sponsors, RBC, informing them of the decision.

Asked what was the reason for pulling out Toby, in a telephone interview said: “The players are not coming out as they should. I don’t know if the controversy (with Pan Trinbago) that is going on have anything to do with it, but they decided that they are not coming out...they are not getting the vibes and what have you.” However Toby said that their players each got their $1,000 remittance, for the 2016 competition, last week, but stated: “In all the preparation, you got to have the vibes and the energy to go into competition.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Tobago people does say ' what ah ain't see, ain't pass meh yet'..Marie Toby,...I passing this way only but once.

.When I told Fazeer Mohammed when Dane Gulston and myself went onto CCNTV6 at the start of this imbroglio.....that Dr. Prime Minister through the Culture Minister would have to get involved in this fiasco......he laughed at us...like it was a joke......Fazeer Mohammed!....who laughing now.….
    Dr. Prime Minister and Minister Dolly.....thank you for listening and intervening..God BlessBless
  • Lawdy, lawd! I will miss Redemption bad, bad. What to expect eh! the due bad lashes to PanTrinbago had to stir up a lot of bad blood. That is why I hope that the organizers, UPPM, understanding the rocking and open up the pipes, come Ash Wednesday, or shortly after.

• KEITH DIAZ teef the PAN MEN MONEY and everything turn OLE MAS with PAN after that.

Aye Aye!!! But after the SPONSORS give the Tobago Band all that money to prepare for PANORAMA -- now yuh go write them ah letter and tell dem that the BAND eh playing in NO PANORAMA. Ah wonder if Marie giving them back the money or it done spend already.

As Donald Trump would say: NOT GOOD!

• I read somewhere that Darren Sheppard got sick, he is one of the arrangers of this band.

• How is it that all the Pan Trinbago execs are getting ill?

• Bugs, they gettin sick ah D President.

• Meanwhile a number of single pan bands, especially in the Eastern Region, whose members are yet to receive their remittances ....

Yuh mean after all that some PAN MEN still eh get paid for 2016? They  need to organize another MARCH on KEITH DIAZ office real fast!!!

• Rolly Polly and the gangstas breaking up bands.  Word on the ground is that this is all about a revolt by players.

bugs

• good to hear, bugs, that more players are showing they are sensitive. On to the movement...

This reply was deleted.