Global - In an exclusive interview with When Steel Talks, Shenelle Abraham, current arranger for Skiffle Bunch Steel Orchestra, talks about Panorama 2012, her first time out as an arranger for a large steel orchestra, and much more. Shenelle is known for her already impressive set of accomplishments, including her work as a performing artist in her own right.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi , Shennelle , it's good to see what you have accomplished . Could you let me know if Terry ( squeaky ) is still with Skiffle He was one of the tenor men in JUC -Antilleans with me and an original Skiffle bunch member . If he is please ask him to contact me . The last time I saw him was in Caribana about 25 years ago . Keep up the good work . Blessings Winston
  • Music in we blood was done by Len 'Boogsie' Sharpe, not Clive Bradley.

• yes Dhanesh that was Sharpe own but as Pan Times said Brados arranged it for Desperadoes and had a few incidents  not happened to Brados and the arrangement completed well the rest is history and yes it was one of his best ...would have been a classic if completed

• Hello Dhanesh

- Clive Bradley actually did arrange "Music In We Blood" for Desperadoes.  His semifinal arrangement of the song is thought to be one of his finest music work.

• its a beautiful thing when a young beautiful talented woman, has a chance to express herself with full support! all the best to you on your quest for the championship ( CHIP ).  i'm sure you will do your band and the audience proud!

• Congratulations Shenelle, looking forward to hear great things from you.

Trevor Cooper

• good luck to you and don't give up.

• Good luck Shennelle you have always been one of the best.

I heard St. Margaret's at practice last year and those basses were really grumbling.

As you know I lived just around the corner, Charles' brother.

Best wishes for your continued success.

• Its good to see so much young arrangers throwing their hats into the Panorama ring. It augers well for the future of Panorama. Panorama has, and will always be the brightest light in our Pan Culture, contrary to the misquided feelings of others who differ, on what direction pan is heading because of Panorama. I believe that Panorama is the Mother of the Steelband. Pan, its tuners, players and its arrangers will not survive without it. I have not heard of Miss Abraham or any of her works, it takes Panorama to bring her into the limelight. I wish her and all the young arrangers success in their new venture, and also hope that the Judges and the powers that be, will judge them fairly, and not treat them as mere rookie arrangers who must pay their dues before they are justly recognised....................................

This reply was deleted.