Over all the years, I have REFRAINED from using OBSCENE LANGUAGE on this forum. And I have avoided attacking anybody personally, because I have my own conviction and consciousness of the PAN TING. And I don't need to use NAME CALLING or get ABUSIVE when the PAN FACTS (failure) are so evident.

But when people come on this forum and complain about CONTENT it immerses me back into 40 years of debate and scorn I have had with the TRINI DELUSION about TALENT and CULTURE and BRILLIANCE and THE PAN TING.

First of all, WHENSTEELTALKS should not even be in the DOMINANT position it is in today with the PAN TING. And anybody with half a brain would realize that the FORUM is just a TEASE in the BIG PICTURE. So the content of the exchanges has very LITTLE RELEVANCE to the REAL WORLD OF PAN. I am not even going to go through the list of all the benefits that WHENSTEELTALKS brings to the THE GLOBAL PAN PROJECT. Nor am I going to get into the SOCIOLOGY that governs posting on this forum. And if you do not understand that (THE SOCIOLOGY) you should NOT BE CRITICIZING.

However, I will ask the question that I have asked many times to the EMOTIONALLY DRIVEN TRINIDADIANS who I have argued with (in California) throughout the years (but not in this modern discussion): How come TRINIDADIANS in TRINIDAD could not set up a WEBSITE like this and TAKE CONTROL OF GLOBAL PAN?

We are the BRIGHTEST and we ARE THE BEST and we have SO MUCH TALENT (and they shake their heads in amazement at themselves) but we CANNOT even take a TADPOLE STEP into the 20-year-old establishment of the WWW WORLD.

Some EXPATS ( and I don't even know if ANYBODY at WST is even from TRINIDAD) had to come to the RESCUE OF PAN above all the GENIUS that exists down in the MECCA.

Give me a break!!! I sure wish I could have brought myself to indulge in some MOTHER THIS and MOTHER that in this post!!!

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Claude,

I do enjoy reading the posts on this forum. I support your global pan cd but from the looks of it, the Mecca will not be the one highlighting 

Now I find it less appealing to make any contribution since this whole stink about millions of money missing, and players not being paid.  Monies spent on unfinished buildings and foreign vehicles imported for use by PT officials...still players not being paid.  Rumor has it that PT is bankrupt but the latest is there will be a panorama for 2018. 

The writing on the wall says those who got their funds are being tight lipped and going about preparing for the coming season.  If the little men who are still waiting for their handouts continue to participate, then that's their decision.  I won't support that lifestyle.

Sometimes I wonder if you are not mistaken when you say there is talent in T&T.  I believe the Expats are the talent who left for greener pastures.  What talent remaining there is so small they cannot overcome the pitfalls of the society in the mecca.

One just shakes a head in disgust.

Brenda H.

• Not just in terms of internet presence but historic interest and archiving:

-There is panscore.com which is a website put together to catalog all of the panorama results over the years in full and for panoramas across the world;

-There are individuals working hard to digitize and catalog tapes of panoramas dating back to the 1970s;

-There are those who upload their old VHS tapes to Youtube so we all can enjoy a video of Casablanca from 1984.

Why? Because Pan Trinbago can't be bothered.

And Cecil, that is a 20-year-old complaint at this point. Over the past decade Panyard has settled into just another seller of cases and sticks, while most actually recognize Gill's Pan Shop of Curepe as the largest international seller of actual pans.

• Noah:  The Panorama videos (now DVDs) should definitely be promoting Gill's and not some random entity based in the US.

• The panorama DVDs today don't really promote anybody. It's not common practice to have advertisements in DVDs as it used to be on VHS when it was harder to just skip over.

Anyway, it's not like the producer of that video chose to ignore locals to shine a light on some Yankees, Panyard paid for that exposure. And I wouldn't call them "some random entity": hate them or love them, they were for a time the primary US-based distributor of not just pans and accessories but steelband CDs, VHS like that 1993 video, panorama arrangement scores, a newsletter, etc. 

At any rate, I've also seen panorama VHS videos that advertised local pan manufacturers like Panland and Pan 2000. And as for Gill's Pan Shop they promote themselves heavily at events like the Virginia Beach PANFest and PASIC. They know what they are doing.

• Glad u did not use any expletives.However I agree with u that instead of WST which is a foreign entity Pan Trinbago  or some trini group should b at the forefront of a vehicle like this pushing the instrument and music globally.. Don't  fret yourself over what u know is nonsense.  There is no pan on our television, very little on our radio stations, even worse with our hotels and restaurants. All Trini panmen have is Panorama. We've lost the Bi-enniel Classical Music Festival, Pan In The Twenty First Century and Down Memory Lane. We can't  manage our own affairs at home.Need I say more.

• Don't let them get to you Claude. Remember the ppl with the answers don't have the answers.

• Facts are facts and all these things that are happening globally to advance Pan have the inputs of Trinidadians both Local and Expats, so why is it happening in Foreign and not the Mecca of Pan. As Boogsie said to the ruling body of Pan a few years ago. Do something for Pan.

• because we are to Smart and too Dumb

• Earl Richards: Where have you been? I have been missing you man. I love you more than I love Cecil and BUGS.

Come back and leh we lime nah. And tell KNOLLY SMITH thanks for the SUPPORT!!!

• I understand what you are saying. 

This reply was deleted.