When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Forum Discussions (9,188)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

NAS President Anthony Hinds speaks on NY Steelband Panorama Issues

Open letter to the Caribbean Community from Anthony “Ike” Hinds of Dem Stars Steel Orchestra and National Alliance of Steelbands (NAS) New…

Started by Pan Times in WST News

19 Aug 2, 2012
Reply by Glenroy R Joseph

Antigua & Barbuda’s 2012 National Panorama Line-up - Bands, Tunes, Arrangers

Global - It’s time once more for the annual Antigua & Barbuda National Panorama competition, and six steel orchestras will vie for the…

Started by Pan Times in When Steel Talks Exclusive

0 Aug 2, 2012

Antigua-Barbuda's Hell’s Gate goes to 2012 Panorama with King Short Shirt's “J’Ouvert Rhythm”

Global - For Antigua & Barbuda’s 2012 Panorama season, ace musician Khan Cordice has arranged the legendary King Short Shirt’s 1987 Roa…

Started by Pan Times in Pan Song

0 Aug 2, 2012

When Steel Talks Book Club (Submit your name, if you would like to participate).

To ALL WST Members: As you all know, literacy and education, are very important to me. I am an avid reader, and, the idea dawned on me to s…

Started by Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks in Education - Pan in School

34 Aug 1, 2012
Reply by Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks

Grenada’s 2012 National Panorama Line-up - Bands, Tunes & more

Global - The National Panorama in Grenada comes off August 11 in St. George’s, the country’s capital. Eight of the country’s most notable s…

Started by Pan Times in When Steel Talks Exclusive

0 Aug 1, 2012

Happy Brithday to Mr. Scott of Sonatas Steel Orchestra

When Steel Talks extends birthday greetings to Mr. Mac Scott of Sonatas Steel Orchestra.

Started by Pan Times in Commentary

0 Jul 31, 2012

BIRCH KELMAN SPEAKS

The following interview was published in the newspaper of the Committee for Labour Solidarity: HOLD THE FORT ((Vol. 3 no. 4 June 1985). Thi…

Started by Pan Times in Interview

0 Jul 31, 2012

Pan Apocalypse 2012

For YEARS now the West-Indian American Day Carnival Association (WIADCA) has been cheating West Indian Associations out of money and no on…

Started by Markus G. in Panorama

5 Jul 31, 2012
Reply by shafeeq muhammad

Activist Pearl Eintou Springer Laments: Another Voice Cries Out! (Do African Chiefs Listen To Afro-Caribbean Voices?)

The Trinidad Guardian Online, ran this article, on the panel discussion "Reclaiming", that I thought to be very thought-provoking. What I f…

Started by Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks in News

3 Jul 30, 2012
Reply by jerome ebenezer clarke

Panorama Tunes for 2011

“4 Ah Dem” sung by Sexy Lynn - composed by Lynette Lewis   “Ah Coming Down” sung by Keith “Designer” Prescott - composed by Miguel Reyes …

Started by Pan Times in Panorama

166 Jul 30, 2012
Reply by Matt Davies

RSS

© 2018   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service