When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Forum Discussions (9,505)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Happy Birthday to Eric McAllister

When Steel Talks extends birthday greetings to WST member Eric McAllister of Merrytones.

Started by Pan Times in Commentary

3 Sep 27, 2012
Reply by bigmacttwi

Fundraiser for well-known NY D’Radoes Steelpan player “Bomber” aka “Showtime”

New York, USA - D’Radoes Steel Orchestra invites all to attend a fundraiser in aid of Peter Johnson, aka “Bomber” or “Showtime.”  The vete…

Started by Pan Times in WST News

2 Sep 26, 2012
Reply by Ruth Jackman

Metro Steel Orchestra’s stage side is up and running - New players welcome

Metro Steel Orchestra is pleased to announce that their stage side’s practice sessions have begun, and are welcoming new players at this ti…

Started by Pan Times in News

0 Sep 26, 2012

Steelband: no stamp that said it was created in T&T?

A meeting took place yesterday, Wednesday in Trinidad in the Crowne Plaza Hotel to discuss Carnivals around the world.  If I'm reading the…

Started by wmlpan in Uncategorized

20 Sep 26, 2012
Reply by Hameed Shaqq

T & T entertainment sector

'$1.3 billion needed to transform T&T entertainment sector'   The Artist Coalition is calling for sector transformation to the tu…

Started by Royce Russell in News

2 Sep 26, 2012
Reply by Hameed Shaqq

The Steelpan - National Instrument of Trinidad & Tobago - Official Statement from Pan Trinbago

Official Statement from Pan Trinbago Pan Trinbago has taken note of the renewed call by some in our society for another National Musical In…

48 Sep 25, 2012
Reply by trinirevo

Renegades Vacation Youth Music Camp to Set Stage Towards Healthier Minds Through Arts and Entertainment

Renegades Vacation Youth Music Camp to Set Stage Towards Healthier Minds Through Arts and Entertainment Sandra L. Blood When Steel Talks ©…

2 Sep 25, 2012
Reply by Bugs

Achieving sustainability in our music for the steelband - by Mark Loquan

Securing our steelband traditions During the past 15 years of composing music for the national and international pan community, I have bene…

2 Sep 25, 2012
Reply by Mark Loquan

Is This a SCAM or what?

I am not too bright .....so I have only just realized what is really going on a few minutes ago so I have no choice but to re-post the foll…

Started by Salah Wilson in News

24 Sep 24, 2012
Reply by Hameed Shaqq

Andrew Morrison’s interest in the Physics of the Steelpan Instrument

Andrew Morrison’s interest in the Physics of the Steelpan Instrument Global - The 161st Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America takes…

11 Sep 24, 2012
Reply by Hameed Shaqq

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service