When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Forum Discussions (9,333)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Who was/is the "greatest" pannist ever?

My nomination as the greatest pannist ever has to be Robert Greenidge. The style, the phrasing, the sensitivity of this man's ability to be…

Started by Frank Coburn in Uncategorized

11 Feb 18, 2009
Reply by Hameed Shaqq

SteelBand Questions

Is there a resource - website, library or such where I can go to find biographies on the steel pan personalities? Not just little articles.…

Started by Kurleigh Lowe in Uncategorized

0 Feb 18, 2009

Desperadoes on Panorama 2009 judging

From WITCO Desperadoes. WITCO Desperadoes wishes to categorically disassociate itself from reports in the media referring to statements al…

Started by Pan Times in Uncategorized

48 Feb 17, 2009
Reply by GospelPan

Kitch 10th

Lord Kitchener's Appreciation Day on February 11, 2010 all steelbands must honour this great composer by performing Pan in A minor, Pan in…

Started by Hameed Shaqq in Uncategorized

0 Feb 16, 2009

Steelband Music Classic Performances

There are musical compositions, arrangements, and performances that are undeniably musical gems. Moreover they are true classics that have…

Started by Pan Times in When Steel Talks Exclusive

0 Feb 16, 2009

Salah Steelpan Academy

Canada - Having won the 2007 Pan Alive competition, part of the annual Caribana activities in Toronto, Canada on Saturday 4th August 2007 w…

0 Feb 16, 2009

Pantastic: Sunderland’s Community Steel Pan Band

During the following year they put together a repertoire and Pantastic starting receiving requests to perform at community events and as th…

0 Feb 16, 2009

Dutch Police Steelband - Can’t think about not being there

Netherlands - The National Police Orchestra was founded in 1949 and exists as a Harmony Orchestra and a Marching band. In early 1979, the d…

0 Feb 16, 2009

Obeah Wedding Arrangement

Hey guys, I did an arrangement of Sparrow's "Obeah Wedding." It is arranged for steel band and symphonic orchestra. It would help me tremen…

Started by Kurleigh Lowe in Uncategorized

4 Feb 16, 2009
Reply by Dika

Renegades Youth captures championship title in 21 & Under category

Trinidad - With a score of 463 points bp Renegades Youth captured the 21 & Under category championship title in Trinidad & Tobago’s…

1 Feb 16, 2009
Reply by When Steel Talks

RSS

© 2018   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service