When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

News (2,824)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

St. Joseph’s Convent Kingstown (SJCK) Pan Starz Orchestra get new instruments!

The Vincentian SJCK gets new steel pans St. Vincent & the Grenadines, W.I. - The student body of the SJCK celebrated the arrival of new…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jun 11, 2013

Steel drums come to Limehouse for autism charity concert

London, England, UK - The sound of steel drums echoed through the East End on Saturday evening as performers staged a charity concert. The…

Started by Pan Times

2 Jun 11, 2013
Reply by Cecil hinkson

Rachel Hayward directs Gibraltar steel band debut

City University London England, UK - Gibraltar’s first steel band made its debut in April under the direction of City PhD student Rachel Ha…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jun 10, 2013

Can't Stop The Beat: Three New Caribbean Artists Making Waves

By Jasmine Garsd If there is a musical lesson history has taught us, it's that you cannot stop a beat. People can be imprisoned, movements…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jun 10, 2013

South Africa loves pan music

The Trinidad Guardian Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - “Africa is fathomless,” said Hugh Masekela last Sunday evening when addressing a farewe…

Started by Pan Times

1 Jun 8, 2013
Reply by Cheryl Holder

Moving to WeBeat 2013 - The rhythm of Steel Orchestras, Calypso, Honorees and more

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Thursday June 13th has been designated “Pan Night” for WeBeat13. The annual WeBeat festival in St. James, no…

Started by Pan Times

3 Jun 4, 2013
Reply by orlandoSteve

US Vice President Joe Biden tries out a steelpan

AP21407267_000001 Trinidad US Biden 05/28/2013 Anthony Harris/AP/SIPA Vice President Joe Biden, left, accompanied by Trinidad & Tobago…

Started by Pan Times

35 Jun 3, 2013
Reply by jerome ebenezer clarke

China’s First Lady applauds TT panmen, artistes

Trinidad & Tobago Newsday Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - So impressed was First Lady of China, Madame Peng Liyuan yesterday with the pe…

Started by Pan Times

4 Jun 3, 2013
Reply by Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks

Chinese President’s wife attends concert in Trinidad - Exodus Steel Orchestra - Video

Started by Pan Times

0 Jun 3, 2013

Born in Trinidad she was known by China as the "Mother of Chinese dance

Dai Ailian is China's legendary ballerina who was born in 1916 into an overseas Chinese family living in #Trinidad. Her years as a dance te…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jun 2, 2013

RSS

© 2018   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service