When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

News (3,376)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Carnival Round-Up - UK 2019

London News Global Views ...The Notting Hill Carnival is rightly regarded as an institution in London. It’s the largest street party in Eu…

Started by Pan Times

0 Aug 9

Premier steel-pan tuner hits the right notes ahead of Cariwest Festival in Edmonton

Yahoo News Edmonton's premier steel-pan orchestra has flown in the best of the best to take care of their instruments ahead of the Cariwe…

Started by Pan Times

0 Aug 9

CECIL HINKSON: Ah want you to EXPLAIN TO ME what is going on in THE PAN TING (With BEVERLEY & PAN TRINBAGO) -- because I am lost ...

... at least when KEITH DIAZ and RICHARD FORTEAU was in office I could stay BUSY counting how much MONEY dey was TIEFING. Now with BEVERLEY…

Started by Claude Gonzales

8 Aug 8
Reply by Claude Gonzales

Notting Hill Carnival: Executive Director Matthew Phillip on the festival's traditions and what to expect from this year

Evening Standard London, England - It all started back in January 1959. Claudia Jones, a Trinidadian human rights activist, organised a Ca…

Started by Pan Times

1 Aug 7
Reply by Andre-Roger Dellevi

Why State must hold on to TTT

Arthur Dash - Trinidad Newsday I wondered whether TUCO would be able to afford live broadcasts when the private owner calls his price. Wit…

Started by Pan Times

5 Aug 7
Reply by Russell Providence

From ONE GROUND ZERO OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION to ANOTHER ... I don't know how come I was born into that KINDA KARMA!!!

In the middle to late SIXTIES in TRINIDAD, I lived in a GROUND ZERO of ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. Witnessed it FIRST HAND. So all that crime in T…

0 Aug 6

NINE MONTHS WITHOUT A PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER ... was SANDRA AWAII too "WHITE" for PAN TRINBAGO?

Please note that I put the word "WHITE" in quotes. Because if you just come from TOBAGO and see SANDRA, you might think that she is WHITE.…

0 Aug 6

Antigua & Barbuda Panorama 2019 Results - Hells Gate Steel Steel Orchestra Notches 21st Win - Champion Arranger Khan Cordice Makes It 8

St. John's, Antigua & Barbuda, W.I. - Seven bands took the stage, but eventually with eight performances overall for the country's 201…

Started by Pan Times

0 Aug 5

Trinidad & Tobago: A Rich History of Dance, Devotion and Demonstration

Band on the Wall  02.06.18JAMES NISSEN Trinidad and Tobago is home to a variety of celebrated music genres born out of the nation’s rich…

Started by Pan Times

1 Aug 4
Reply by sherman allison fyfe

‘The Great Hack’ explores the dark side of big data

Thinking about finally getting off of Facebook? The Great Hack, a new documentary on Netflix, might just be the push you were looking for.…

Started by odw

3 Aug 4
Reply by Claude Gonzales

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service