When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

News (3,751)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pan finds a new groove - US citizen takes instrument to another sphere

Trinidad & Tobago Guardian   Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.   Perfect pitch, goes a musician joke, is throwing the banjo in the dumpster a…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jul 9, 2011

Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center receives grant money

Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center receives grant money   Illinois, USA - "The Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center has been awarded a grant…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jul 6, 2011

Major Cash Injection for Panorama

Major Cash Injection for Panorama   Antigua & Barbuda, W.I. - Sixty thousand dollars has been injected into the Panorama competition ah…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jul 6, 2011

Grants keep steel pans popping

Grants keep steel pans popping   Wisconsin, USA - For 80 years, the La Crosse Community Foundation has given money to local groups to make…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jul 4, 2011

RevelaXion at Exodus Pan Theatre

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. -  Before leaving home last Sunday to attend the Sagicor Exocubs’ second annual youth steelpan explosion concer…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jul 4, 2011

Elton "Smokey" John has passed on.

Elton "Smokey" John, bass player extraordinaire of City Symphony Steelband (T&T) and the National Steelband of Trinidad & Tobago (1…

Started by Ian Jones

22 Jul 4, 2011
Reply by Panman Pat

Who has the answer to Kim Johnson's question?

Yesterday, journalist and author, Kim Johnson, posted a clip on Facebook, of Esso Tripoli, and posed the question: "In the 50s-90s, wheneve…

Started by Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks

37 Jul 2, 2011
Reply by Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks

‘Children should play Pan,’ urges Chief of Police Miller

Kingstown, St. Vincent & the Grenadines W.I. -  Commissioner of Police Keith Miller is calling on parents to encourage their children t…

Started by Pan Times

5 Jun 30, 2011
Reply by Terry Alfred

Steelpan still in danger

Steelpan still in danger 2011-03-23 Pan in danger, sang Merchant in 1985. Today, 26 Panoramas later, it seems danger still exists. Apparent…

Started by Pan Times

21 Jun 28, 2011
Reply by Sweet Eustace

Youlou Pan Movement - St. Vincent & the Grenadines 2011 Steelband season

Kingstown, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, W.I. -  The Youlou Pan Movement is looking forward to a greater presence of steel bands in 201…

Started by Pan Times

1 Jun 21, 2011
Reply by Aubrey Edward Burgin

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service