When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Education - Pan in School (101)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Jim Royle in Trinidad

My name is Brian Ente. I am the assistant director of the Jim Royle Drum Studio percussion ensembles. We had the good fortune to be able to…

Started by JIm Royle

0 May 16, 2011

400 Questions & Answers On Pan 1960 — Present by Ian Franklin

400 Questions & Answers On Pan 1960 — Present “400 Questions & Answers On Pan” is a rich resource that connects the threads betwe…

Started by Pan Times

10 Mar 26, 2011
Reply by Ian Franklin

Warm Up Exercises

I am looking for warm-up exercises for my university steel pan band.    I want to incorporate some warm-ups and technique into our rehearsa…

Started by Dave Gerhart

11 Jan 24, 2011
Reply by Dave Gerhart

Personal Update from Victor N. Prescod

Just a note to the WST family to inform you that I officially demitted office as Project Coordinator of the Pan In The Classroom Project Un…

Started by Victor N. Prescod

5 Dec 29, 2010
Reply by Alan Field

Pan in the Classroom Unit

HistoryDuring the period June to September 2000, ajoint committee of the Ministry of Education, PanTrinbago and the Pan in Schools Coordina…

Started by Pan Times

0 Oct 7, 2010

Steel Bands in American Schools: What They Are, What They Do, and Why They're Growing!

Summary:The article focuses on the inclusion of steel drum bands within public music education programs throughout the United States. An ov…

Started by Pan Times

5 Aug 19, 2010
Reply by Ian Franklin

VOTE MAST ACADEMY--Bring Obama to 2010 graduation

MAST Academy recently became a finalist in the Race to the Top Commencement Challenge, one of six schools in the running to have President…

Started by Paulette

0 Apr 26, 2010

New work for choir and steel band

Pasadena, Texas - The Central campus’ choir and steel drum band will combine forces for the world premier of “In the Shadows of the Forest…

Started by Pan Times

6 Mar 26, 2010
Reply by Brad

New York Marching Band Recruitment and Registration:

Trinidad & Tobago Defence Force Veterans INC. USA New York Marching Band Of Brooklyn, NY      (Non Profit Corporation) Registered: NY S…

Started by Orleron Depeza

0 Mar 16, 2010

Taking Pan from Siparia, Trinidad to Ontario, Canada

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. – The Siparia Deltones Steel Orchestra will perform for audiences totaling approximately 40,000 in Canada next…

Started by Pan Times

2 Jul 16, 2009
Reply by momo

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service