When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

History of Pan (75)

Featured Discussions

The History of Steelband in Jamaica

The earliest record of steelpan in Jamaica was in 1954. Arden Williams, a student from Trinidad carried his ping pong with him when he atte…

Started by Pan TimesLatest Reply

The History of Steelband in Grenada - UpClose!

“There were lots of guys who went to Trinidad. Some remained in T&T. Among the ones who came back and were in the early steelband mov…

The Story of Steelbands and the Steelband Art Form in Aruba - UpClose!

They started making their steel pans from oil drums collected from the Lago Oil Refinery. The barrels were formed by hammering the bottoms…

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"Beauty in Perpetuity" - George Bailey Trinidad Carnival's Greatest Bandleader...

Memories - George Bailey - Trinidad Carnival A Film by Aldric G. Bailey In 1959, Your Uncle George, the most famous of all the bandleader…

Started by odw

2 May 6
Reply by Claude Gonzales

FROM THE GHOST FILES: "The day that happens, we can all say goodbye to pan, as we know it." George D. Goddard, In Response To Salah's Proposal.

HERE IS MY FULL REPLY:  Make Pan Trinbago the Ministry of Pan. Oh Goddard!!! lmao. Some of these ideas are really dangerous and not well  t…

Started by Panicle USA, LLC

0 Apr 23

Stradivarius Of Steel - The Ellie Mannette Story

A documentary by des-Sound Productions - 2004

Started by odw

0 Apr 21

OHIO: THE STEELBAND MECCA OF THE 21ST CENTURY!!! THE IRONY OF HAVING TO GO TO EITHER ONE OF THE OHIO-BASED PAN COMPANIES TO PURCHASE THE LEAD SHEET FOR "PAN IN DANGER"!

TIME TO FORGET UNCLE SPREE. IT'S UNCLE SAM TO THE RESCUE!!! S.A.M. MEANS "STEEL AWAY MUSIC" (STEEL PULSE.) OF COURSE, EVERY UNCLE SAM NEEDS…

0 Apr 21

FROM THE GHOST FILES - July 5, 2011: Steel Pan Blueprint For Success (Rough Draft Edit) by George D. Goddard (c. 2011)

A TOTAL OF SIXTEEN IDEAS WERE PRESENTED. WHAT MOSES' PROPOSES IS NOTHING NEW, AND DOES NOT LOOK AT STEELBAND (AS INDUSTRY) WITH THE MORE CO…

0 Apr 20

UNDERSTAND WHAT POWER LOOKED LIKE UNDER GODDARD - The power of the word is something else. Brother Valentino: Life is a stage

"When I realized the conversation was about me, and why I didn't sing my song, I heard George Goddard telling Kitchener, "If that boy doh s…

0 Apr 20

FROM THE GHOST FILES - APRIL 28, 2011:Happy Birthday, George "Sonny" Goddard! "The Malcolm X of the Steelband Movement"!

See what Valentino recalls about this great man. #karmaisamother HONORING OUR HERO WHEN NO ONE ELSE DID. ANYTHING'S CHANGED? NO. George D.…

0 Apr 20

HIGHLANDERS STEEL ORCHESTRA BUILDING FUND

Robert Hernandez Organizer Boynton Beach, FL Highlanders Steel Orchestra is in the process of building a modern Pan Theatre at its Pan Yar…

Started by odw

1 Apr 20
Reply by odw

BEFORE IT GOES AWAY: HISTORY WILL ALSO RECORD ONE OF US BEING A CONTRIBUTING WRITER IN THE 50TH PANORAMA MAGAZINE. NOT ANY OF THESE PROLIFIC WST WRITERS.

SO; BUMP YOUR GUM ALL YOU WANT IN THIS SPACE. YOU WILL FOOL THE GULLIBLE...I GIVE YOU THAT. BUT HISTORY...EH, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A HARDE…

0 Apr 17

UNTIL THIS DISAPPEARS: ONLY ONE STEELBAND UNION LEADER WAS EVER COMMISSIONED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO DOCUMENT ON THE HISTORY OF THE STEELBANDS! GEORGE "SONNY" GODDARD.

DO THE RESEARCH AND DON'T BE INFLUENCED BY THE TRUMP-LOVING RESIDENT TROLL.

0 Apr 17

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service