When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Interview (96)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Robert Stephens - Professor of World Music

UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT Robert Stephens Professor of World Music robert.stephens@uconn.edu(860) 486-5760 Robert Stephens specializes in w…

Started by Pan Times

0 Nov 16, 2020

Dr. JIT SAMAROO remembers the late great Clive Bradley

Global - “A great musician. A great loss to the pan world for sure. There is only one Clive Bradley. There is no one who does a panorama t…

Started by Pan Times

0 Nov 13, 2020

Meet Alyssa Reynolds - Tuner and Panist

“...I wish I would have understood fuller it would be people’s unwillingness to accept that change is coming. As a woman I’ve had to fight…

Started by Pan Times

1 Nov 11, 2020
Reply by jerome ebenezer clarke

Watch --The Arranger's Corner - Special Guest Kareem Thompson

Our next featured artist is straight out of Brooklyn, NY. One of our generations most prolific pannist. He has worked as a sideman with som…

Started by Pan Times

0 Oct 26, 2020

Wynton Marsalis: The Ever Fonky Lowdown |

Started by odw

3 Aug 30, 2020
Reply by odw

Conversation with Salmon Cupid --

Toronto Carnival About Salmon Cupid • Born in the twin island of Trinidad and Tobago, Salmon Cupid began playing the steelpan with the St…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jul 16, 2020

Meet Amanda Lawrence of Dominica

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form   Dominica, W.I. - From the Caribbean island of Dominica to the Ivy League walls of Princet…

Started by Pan Times

2 Mar 22, 2020
Reply by mark

Revisiting -- An Interview with Pan Pioneer Hugh Borde of the Trinidad Tripoli Steelband by Von Martin

Producer, author and noted on-air broadcaster Von Martin shares another important documentary on the pan from his archives. This time we m…

Started by Pan Times

7 Feb 20, 2020
Reply by knolly smith

A Man Called Jules by Von Martin

by Von Martin from his book “Voices of Pan Pioneers of Trinidad & Tobago” published with the expressed permission of the author My fir…

Started by Pan Times

0 Feb 20, 2020

Meet Lennox “Bobby” Mohammed - Champion Arranger for Guinness Cavaliers Steel Orchestra - Up-close!

Meet Lennox “Bobby” Mohammed - Champion Arranger for Guinness Cavaliers Steel Orchestra - Up-close!   New York, USA - Often when we talk ab…

Started by Pan Times

12 Jul 4, 2019
Reply by Michael C. Smith / BCV

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service