When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

When Steel Talks Exclusive (531)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

André White to drop a Steel Orchestra Version of Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road”

New York, USA - My-o, My, o-My. Hmm, hmm, hmm... Earlier this week one of the When Steel Talks (WST) forum regulars (Bugs) made what may h…

Started by Pan Times

4 Jun 5
Reply by Bugs

Happy Birthday to BRENDA HOSANG

When Steel Talks extends birthday greetings WST forum member Brenda Hosang.

Started by Pan Times

6 Jun 1
Reply by sherman allison fyfe

Meet Dr. Mia Gormandy-Benjamin - Panist, Composer, Arranger, Ethnomusicologist, Educator & Performing Artist - UpClose!

Global -  Her passion for Pan is obviously without question. She developed a natural affinity for pan and music at a very early age. That…

Started by Pan Times

0 May 30

Meet Crystalann Timothy - Trinidad & Tobago

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - “....when I get behind those drums I’m already in performance…

Started by Pan Times

0 May 28

Beyond 'Pan In Danger - Death lurking for Meyer Levin and Steelband Program

Death lurking for Meyer Levin and Steelband Program   New York, USA - The temperature was rising. The affected community residents were th…

Started by Pan Times

3 May 23
Reply by BEDE LOPEZ

Meet Gay Magnus - Jamaica

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form Jamaica, W.I. - “Don’t be afraid to do what you love. There will always be the percentage t…

Started by Pan Times

2 May 16
Reply by Bugs

Meet Rheanne Edwards-Babb Trinidad & Tobago

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - “The greatest challenge for this current generation is that…

Started by Pan Times

0 May 10

Meet Kerri-Ann Hyndman-Borris - Trinidad & Tobago

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - “My vision for the instrument is to be able to capture the he…

Started by Pan Times

4 May 2
Reply by Claude Gonzales

Meet Bowie Sonnie Bowei of Nigeria -- Manufacturer, Pioneer, Panist, Arranger, Educator and Pan Ambassador - UpClose!

On what keeps his passion for the instrument going - Bowie Sonnie Bowei says: “At first, it was the uniqueness of the instrument and the p…

Started by Pan Times

3 Apr 30
Reply by Claude Gonzales

The Story of Steelbands and the Steelband Art Form in St. Lucia

The history of Steel pan in Saint Lucia dates much farther back than Saint Lucia’s independence, even farther than many today can recall vi…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 26

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service