When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

When Steel Talks Exclusive (585)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Meet Debra “Sista Dee” Sarjeant - Massachusetts, USA - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Massachusetts, USA - “...People are just amazed at what comes out of the pan, they want to know if you can play all types of musical key…

Started by Pan Times

0 May 12

Meet Tiajuana Hernandez - Trinidad & Tobago Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - “The stigma of pan being from the bowels of society, involving “badjohns” or the thought that steelpan m…

Started by Pan Times

0 May 10

Meet Yasmin Brito - Ontario, Canada - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

“Time waits on no one. If you enjoy the musical instrument, find a band and become a member. Don’t keep saying “I always wanted to... Just…

Started by Pan Times

1 Apr 27
Reply by Bugs

Meet Aviel Scanterbury - Performing Artist, Educator, Arranger and Panist

“My vision is simply for the steelpan to be played in every country in the world and to be viewed as a popular instrument. Way too many pe…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 20

Meet Florence “Flo” Ghany - Trinidad & Tobago

“There seems to be a greater need to explore and experience more especially by our youth. Their musical appetite seems quite encompassing…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 14

Pantonic Steel Orchestra - “Stranger” - (‘Panorama’ version - Video) Clive Bradley - Arranger

Brooklyn, New York, USA - A Clive Bradley-arrangement of Shadow’s 2001 composition “Stranger” performed by Pantonic Steel Orchestra.  This…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 13

Meet Cheryl Cummins-Holder - Canada - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form   Toronto, Canada - “Being a member of Panatics Steelband Network is being part of a famil…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 11

Meet Kianna Carrington - New York, USA - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

New York, USA - “What disappoints me the most is that people don’t see the blood, sweat, and tears it takes to run a steel band. They do…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 9

Meet Selena Antoine - New York, USA - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

“I have always felt that there is a difference between hearing a band play a song, and actually playing within the band to hear the song. …

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 7

Meet Jamal Gibbs - Educator, Arranger, Panist - UpClose & Personal!

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - “My advice to the young panists would be to stay humble and strive for highest and to always be yourself i…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 5

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service