When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

When Steel Talks Exclusive (631)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ray Holman - 50 Years of Panorama and Counting

A When Steel Talks Exclusive Global - In this exclusive interview with When Steel Talks, champion arranger Ray Holman provides a frank an…

Started by Pan Times

11 Apr 28
Reply by odw

Revisiting -- Dr. Lamuel Stanislaus - History of Carnival

Global - Dr. Lamuel Stanislaus is an intellect, scholar and gentleman whose name is synonymous with excellence and integrity. This charism…

Started by Pan Times

3 Apr 22
Reply by odw

Alston Jack - Renowned Steel Pan Arranger - Exclusive Interview

An exclusive interview with the late Alston "Lil" Jack "I was born on the island of Trinidad and Tobago, which has one government. It is l…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 20

Meet Angela Howard - Brooklyn, New York

“Aside from my love of the instrument, I think it is important to preserve our culture in perpetuity. All too often, we are so overly influ…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 7

Meet Yoko Takano - Yokohama, Japan - Celebration of Women in Pan

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form Japan - “....people in the world are connected through pan, enjoying music, and where we ar…

Started by Pan Times

0 Mar 26

Meet Tressy Edwards - Trinidad & Tobago -- Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

“Being a member of Phase II, it is very humbling yet proud for me. I love it there because we are all like family - everyone with their ow…

Started by Pan Times

1 Mar 23
Reply by Annette Agarrat-Beckles

Meet Diane Thomas - Indiana, USA - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Indiana, USA - “....Playing with others who play steel pan is really where I find my true happiness, whether it is a duo or a small group…

Started by Pan Times

1 Mar 23
Reply by VINCENT HUELOY LILA YIP YOUNG

Meet Xiaotong Zou of China

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form   China - A chance meeting has developed into an intense love affair with the steelpan inst…

Started by Pan Times

5 Mar 18
Reply by CARLYLE HOULDER

Crisis at Hatters Panyard...

Robberies at Hatters Steelband Pan Theatre, San Fernando by Holllis Clffton

Started by Pan Times

4 Mar 17
Reply by odw

Meet Yasmin Brito - Ontario, Canada - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

“Time waits on no one. If you enjoy the musical instrument, find a band and become a member. Don’t keep saying “I always wanted to... Just…

Started by Pan Times

2 Mar 7
Reply by David Ragobar

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service