When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

When Steel Talks Exclusive (529)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Vignettes of Pan History - The Montreal Story

Pan  magazine (the brain child of Dalton Narine and Les Slater) remains simply the finest steelpan music publication ever printed.  WST rev…

Started by Pan Times

9 Apr 22
Reply by Claude Gonzales

Revisiting - New Yorkers Take the Lead - Honors Steel Band Pioneers

“Know from whence you came. If you know whence you came, there are absolutely no limitations to where you can go.” ― James Baldwin Another…

Started by Pan Times

5 Apr 21
Reply by Claude Gonzales

The History of Steelpan in the Bahamas - Up-Close!

Bahamas, W.I. - In 1957, Dudley Smith, who had made a name for himself in Trinidad as a Band Leader and Tenor Pan soloist, was brought to…

Started by Pan Times

2 Apr 19
Reply by Claude Gonzales

Meet Bria Blake - New York, USA

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form New York, USA - “When I was a child I participated in an African dance program. Also, on my…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 18

Meet Angel Lawrie - Wisconsin, USA

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form Wisconsin, USA - “With reference to using the steelpan instrument in working with those cha…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 16

Meet Krystal George - Trinidad & Tobago

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - “‘Pan before Band.’ For me that’s a slogan used after the Pan…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 11

Hueloy - Cultural Promoter - Steelband History

by Doris Green Global - He is a steelpan music icon, respected, award-wining, and a global ambassador of the steelpan art form. In additio…

Started by Pan Times

9 Apr 11
Reply by Pan Times

Revisited - Meet Kendall Williams, Arranger, Composer UpClose!

2018 Skiffle Steel Orchestra  Global -  This young man is serious, driven, witty and focused. Kendall Williams’ journey with the steelpan…

Started by Pan Times

7 Apr 10
Reply by Verne

Who plays the steelpan on Talking Heads' 1977 song, "Uh-oh, Love Comes to Town"?

Does anyone know the answer to this mystery?

Started by Pan Times

1 Apr 9
Reply by Mike Wendeln

Meet Jenica Henry - New York, USA

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form New York, USA - “Set Goals, Stay Focused and don’t be afraid to fail (pressure can either b…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 8

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service