When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

When Steel Talks Exclusive (544)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cordell “Spongy” Barbour - Steelpan Great

by Kathryn Barbour Global - Lore has him as one of the greatest double-tenor players to have ever walked the planet. Through the eyes of…

Started by Pan Times

3 Jul 15
Reply by BEDE LOPEZ

An ‘Ivory & Steel’ Moment in Pan - BSO’s Tribute to Ken “Professor” Philmore at ‘Pan Is Sweet’ 2019

Leon Foster Thomas and Khuent Rose at the Roulette Intermedium New York, USA - The one thing there was no shortage of at the 2019 Brooklyn…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jul 9

Meet Yanis Roset - Explorer, Panist, Organizer, Arranger, Educator, and Bandleader

Meet Yanis Roset - Explorer, Panist, Organizer, Arranger, Educator, and Bandleader Guadeloupe - The formula is simple. Yanis Roset = Pa…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jun 26

Revisiting -- Meet Akira Iino - Musician, Panist, Bandleader & Creator of the Diamond Cut Steel Pan - UpClose!

A When Steel Talks Exclusive The Diamond Cut Steel Pan - Guitar Pans Picture by Chrome Furnishers Limited Akira Iino from Japan has crea…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jun 22

NYU Steel Ensemble 2019 Spring Concert: Steelpan Magic on West 4th Street - when the Doctors Make a House Call

New York, USA - With enough music magic being generated at the Frederick Loewe Theater to make Harry Potter and his mates jealous, NYU Stee…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jun 10

André White to drop a Steel Orchestra Version of Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road”

New York, USA - My-o, My, o-My. Hmm, hmm, hmm... Earlier this week one of the When Steel Talks (WST) forum regulars (Bugs) made what may h…

Started by Pan Times

4 Jun 5
Reply by Bugs

Happy Birthday to BRENDA HOSANG

When Steel Talks extends birthday greetings WST forum member Brenda Hosang.

Started by Pan Times

6 Jun 1
Reply by sherman allison fyfe

Meet Dr. Mia Gormandy-Benjamin - Panist, Composer, Arranger, Ethnomusicologist, Educator & Performing Artist - UpClose!

Global -  Her passion for Pan is obviously without question. She developed a natural affinity for pan and music at a very early age. That…

Started by Pan Times

0 May 30

Meet Crystalann Timothy - Trinidad & Tobago

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - “....when I get behind those drums I’m already in performance…

Started by Pan Times

0 May 28

Beyond 'Pan In Danger - Death lurking for Meyer Levin and Steelband Program

Death lurking for Meyer Levin and Steelband Program   New York, USA - The temperature was rising. The affected community residents were th…

Started by Pan Times

3 May 23
Reply by BEDE LOPEZ

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service