When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

WST News (1,094)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

President Of North America’s Biggest Caribbean Carnival Calls It Quits

By newsamericas WIADCA's president Dr. Jean Joseph has called it quits. News Americas, New York, Thurs. Oct. 8, 2020: The President of Nort…

Started by Pan Times

2 Oct 11, 2020
Reply by Bugs

Saving the Sight of Music Ace Vanessa Headley

The lifelong music passion of Vanessa Headley has been the centered on (but not limited to), the sounds of steel via the national instrume…

Started by Pan Times

4 Oct 5, 2020
Reply by Claude Gonzales

CARNIVAL 2021 POSTPONEMENT - NATIONAL CARNIVAL COMMISSION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

Port of Spain, Trinidad: Tuesday, September 29, 2020: The National Carnival Commission of Trinidad and Tobago (NCC) is in complete accord w…

Started by Pan Times

1 Oct 4, 2020
Reply by Ayesha Mohammed

Notting Hill Carnival provides blueprint for a virtual production

LoopTT Panology, a show featuring the UK's top steelbands were part of the virtual packages With a virtual Carnival celebration among the…

Started by Pan Times

0 Oct 2, 2020

Creative Industries in T&T Budget 2021: To be or not to be?

Colm Imbert, as Minister of Finance, will lay in Parliament next week Monday, the Appropriations (Financial Year 2021) Bill, 2020. We call…

Started by Pan Times

4 Oct 2, 2020
Reply by odw

PLAYING PAN WITH SAMANTHA “RISSA PAN” WILLIAMS

BY SHEKINAH ADE-GOLD How did you become involved in playing the Steelpan? “My Steelpan journey started in my second year at UWI Mona. I wa…

Started by Pan Times

2 Aug 27, 2020
Reply by Claude Gonzales

Anthony Pascal has passed

Anthony Pascal Sunrise 05-30-1947 and Sunset 08-12-2020   A musical hermit, a natural talent, he was. Twin brother to Ann, big brother to R…

Started by Pan Times

2 Aug 26, 2020
Reply by knolly smith

Dr. Nyan Gadsby-Dolly no longer Trinidad & Tobago Minister of Culture

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - The government of Trinidad & Tobago has been sworn in.  Former Minister of Community Development and Cult…

Started by Pan Times

1 Aug 19, 2020
Reply by Claude Gonzales

Revisited - The Ivory and Steel Recording 40 Years Later, Still a Cultural Phenomenon

The Ivory and Steel Recording40 Years Later, Still a Cultural Phenomenon How a dragon and a butterfly made it historic by Dalton Narine…

Started by Pan Times

24 Aug 17, 2020
Reply by odw

Denzil "Dimes" Fernandez - funeral service - Friday, August 14th, 2020.

The funeral service for the late Denzil "Dimes" Fernandez will be held at St. Margaret's Church in Belmont at 10:00am on Friday, August 14…

Started by Pan Times

1 Aug 12, 2020
Reply by Gary English

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service