When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Michael B. Best's Discussions (32)

Discussions Replied To (32) Replies Latest Activity

"Edward Towine,  Eisenstein, and Robert  Greenidge is doing great things in Southern…"

Michael B. Best replied Apr 21 to In trying to SCOUT some information for the EXPAT PIONEER PROJECT, I made a very interesting discovery. Which is that CALIFORNIA has gotten very liitle credit in terms of TAKING PAN MUSIC GLOBAL ...

4 Apr 21
Reply by Michael B. Best

"I had the opportunity to attend a Christmas recital presented by Brian McFarlane  "C…"

Michael B. Best replied Nov 24, 2018 to Meet Etsuko Tajima - New York/Japan - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

4 Nov 24, 2018
Reply by Michael B. Best

"Will see you on the other side KIM"

Michael B. Best replied Oct 4, 2018 to KIM LOY WONG tuner & panist has passed...

15 Oct 17, 2018
Reply by Ian Franklin

"The element missing is the agent who can advocate for the music (Calypso and Steel P…"

Michael B. Best replied Oct 1, 2018 to Is Calypso making a global comeback?

2 Oct 1, 2018
Reply by Michael B. Best

"I have made this suggestion a few years back, the Ministry should be "The ARTS and C…"

Michael B. Best replied Sep 14, 2018 to Do we need a "Ministry of Steelpan"?

14 Sep 17, 2018
Reply by masai hall

"Dissolve the Corporation, task the leaders of the various bands for a representative…"

Michael B. Best replied Sep 13, 2018 to Today's question for the WST posse- don't want to miss anyone, you know who you are....

3 Sep 13, 2018
Reply by Michael B. Best

"This has been public knowledge for years, it is the society we live in today all abo…"

Michael B. Best replied May 10, 2018 to So let me see if I get this right that on PANORAMA FINALS NIGHT 2018 some players played with MORE than ONE BAND on the same SAVANNAH STAGE in the LARGE BAND CATEGORY

52 May 12, 2018
Reply by Peter deLight

"Add "Dem Boys" from Morvant"

Michael B. Best replied Apr 19, 2018 to DEVELOPING LIST OF STEELBANDS WHICH HAVE PASSED

109 Jul 4, 2018
Reply by David V. Trotman

"Not  trying to throw a shadow on my buddy Robbie unmatched achievements, but is ther…"

Michael B. Best replied Mar 9, 2018 to Pan Master Robert Greenidge

12 Mar 10, 2018
Reply by odw

"A few month back I raised the awareness of Steelpan down under, in my travels a few…"

Michael B. Best replied Jan 20, 2018 to New Zealand's first steelband festival to be held at Auckland's Silo Park

3 Jan 20, 2018
Reply by Michael B. Best

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service