When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Ronald C. Emrit's Discussions (18)

Discussions Replied To (18) Replies Latest Activity

"http://www.bestoftrinidad.com/steelband/johnston.html"

Ronald C. Emrit replied Apr 5 to Revisiting - Herman Johnston - The Johnston Fantastic Symphony Steel Orchestra - Steelband History

18 Apr 6
Reply by BEDE LOPEZ

""In the early 1960s, the socially unacceptable stigma of the steelband began to chan…"

Ronald C. Emrit replied Feb 7, 2018 to Who would have thought that the Ace Pan Tuner -- GERARD CLARKE -- would bring PAN full circle around?

4 Feb 8, 2018
Reply by Lennox Morris

"I saw a lot of Rock backstage at Queen's Hall during the 1962 Music Festival when I…"

Ronald C. Emrit replied Apr 8, 2017 to Revisiting - Herman Johnston - The Johnston Fantastic Symphony Steel Orchestra - Steelband History

18 Apr 6
Reply by BEDE LOPEZ

"Mikey came over from Invaders to join us in Starlift in 1963. He was a quiet, respec…"

Ronald C. Emrit replied May 4, 2015 to Mikey Philip of Phase ll has passed.

37 May 9, 2015
Reply by Robbie Joseph

"What part of the country is this person from?  It seems that he (she) should relocat…"

Ronald C. Emrit replied Jun 8, 2014 to Can words describe Potts & Pans Steelband?!

134 Jun 23, 2014
Reply by brian henderson

"As far back as the early-1950s, I remember the single bass being strapped around the…"

Ronald C. Emrit replied Mar 21, 2014 to Evolution of Steelpan Sticks/Mallets

53 Mar 28, 2014
Reply by Bertel Gittens

"In 1962, Teddy and I sat close to each other in Form 5A at QRC and, from then on, th…"

Ronald C. Emrit replied Jul 22, 2013 to MSJ MOURNS THE DEATH OF ITS EXECUTIVE MEMBER AND EDUCATION AND RESEARCH OFFICER, BROTHER IAN “TEDDY” BELGRAVE

2 Jul 22, 2013
Reply by Ian Franklin

"I first met Orville in 1974 when he was arranging for the Modern Sounds steelband in…"

Ronald C. Emrit replied Jun 17, 2012 to Conflicting Reports on the Passing of Orville Wright - Educator, Performing Artist & Steelpan Supporter

13 Jun 26, 2012
Reply by Sandra

"I grew up on Luis Street in Woodbrook, two blocks from the Invaders yard.  In the mi…"

Ronald C. Emrit replied May 20, 2012 to Emmanuel Riley - Pan Tuner and Renowned Pan Soloist Revisited

24 May 24, 2012
Reply by Peter deLight

"Happy Birthday Earl!!!!  From Newtown Boys RC School in the mid-1950s to Invaders (1…"

Ronald C. Emrit replied Oct 30, 2011 to When Steel Talks sends Birthday Greetings to Earl La Pierre

8 Oct 30, 2011
Reply by clyde best

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service