When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Lawford Dupres's Discussions (30)

Discussions Replied To (29) Replies Latest Activity

"This clash happened in 1950 according to the historians. I was 12 and staying by my…"

Lawford Dupres replied Jul 3 to Steelband Clash between Invaders and Tokyo

16 Jul 9
Reply by Valerie Clarke-Monrose

"What image am I trying to sell? That she and her team might listen to good ideas for…"

Lawford Dupres replied Jun 12 to New Panorama arrangements

6 Jul 6
Reply by Martin Maitland

"The first steelband from Trinidad to reach Montreal was Dixie Stars in 1955 as the E…"

Lawford Dupres replied Apr 22 to Vignettes of Pan History - The Montreal Story

9 Apr 22
Reply by Claude Gonzales

"Despers also came to Vancouver after Montreal in 1964. Cobo Jack was with them. Thei…"

Lawford Dupres replied Apr 22 to Vignettes of Pan History - The Montreal Story

9 Apr 22
Reply by Claude Gonzales

"Just for the record, it was Rudolph (Rudy) Commissiong, Captain of Dixie Stars that…"

Lawford Dupres replied Apr 20 to bugs: You started a GOOD PROJECT. We could compile a list of 20 EXPATS who TOOK PAN TO THE WORLD!!!

26 Apr 21
Reply by Aquil

"Thanks for the feedback. My memories would go back to the 50's and later, so if you…"

Lawford Dupres replied Apr 19 to bugs: You started a GOOD PROJECT. We could compile a list of 20 EXPATS who TOOK PAN TO THE WORLD!!!

26 Apr 21
Reply by Aquil

"Not sure what criteria is being used. Can you elaborate ?"

Lawford Dupres replied Apr 19 to bugs: You started a GOOD PROJECT. We could compile a list of 20 EXPATS who TOOK PAN TO THE WORLD!!!

26 Apr 21
Reply by Aquil

"I had the pleasure of meeting Dudley in 1958 in Nassau. Dixieland was working on a c…"

Lawford Dupres replied Apr 18 to The History of Steelpan in the Bahamas - Up-Close!

2 Apr 19
Reply by Claude Gonzales

"Sello first made his mark with his Carnval arrangement of Valerie/Valera for Silver…"

Lawford Dupres replied Feb 17 to Selwyn "Mello Sello" Gomes

9 Feb 18
Reply by Charles Assevero

"From Patrick's reply, it's clear that they won't be going by him for ideas on how to…"

Lawford Dupres replied Feb 2 to Garcia plans to push steelpan in all schools

6 Feb 2
Reply by Lawford Dupres

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service