When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Inez John's Discussions (65)

Discussions Replied To (64) Replies Latest Activity

"Thanks, Brenda. That music does something to me, maybe because I am a "carnival baby…"

Inez John replied Sep 6 to Greenlight ‘Jump Up’ exalts steel, jourvert & emergence of NY Carnival

4 Sep 6
Reply by Inez John

"Interesting article but we must stop using the term "carnival music." When I became…"

Inez John replied Sep 5 to Greenlight ‘Jump Up’ exalts steel, jourvert & emergence of NY Carnival

4 Sep 6
Reply by Inez John

"Haha! Claude, keep on bringing the good stuff! I need your take on a piece of writin…"

Inez John replied Apr 28 to This early PAN MUSIC was put up on THIS FORUM decades ago (a little exaggeration) but I am putting it up again ...

6 Apr 28
Reply by Martin Maitland

"Claude, you are a champion!"

Inez John replied Apr 27 to This early PAN MUSIC was put up on THIS FORUM decades ago (a little exaggeration) but I am putting it up again ...

6 Apr 28
Reply by Martin Maitland

"Bring back de ole time days! Nice! "

Inez John replied Apr 14 to CARNIVAL IN TRINIDAD 1953!!! The MUSIC was amazing!!! The people danced and JUMPED UP THEN -- NO WINING!!! And no BEADS and BRA!!!

3 Apr 15
Reply by Ayesha Mohammed

"Yuh have some more waiting to do. "

Inez John replied Mar 17 to ‘Who Let the Dogs Out’: The Wild Untold Story Behind Music’s Most Annoying Song

2 Mar 17
Reply by Inez John

"Oh gosh! Nice to see! Wasn't home for the carnival but experienced it through live s…"

Inez John replied Mar 8 to Carnival Monday on the ROAD with A Brass Band & Etienne Charles

6 Mar 8
Reply by Inez John

"Claude, yuh put all meh clothes in a garbage bag, and tell meh stay out yuh place, d…"

Inez John replied Feb 20 to Pan Trinbago says no to Exodus song change

58 Feb 23
Reply by Allison Purcell

"Carib Tokyo changed their song to Jump Judges Jump for the finals in 1977. They did…"

Inez John replied Feb 20 to Pan Trinbago says no to Exodus song change

58 Feb 23
Reply by Allison Purcell

"The two of you are seriously funny. You guys gave me a chuckle."

Inez John replied Nov 27, 2018 to Well ah going and SWALLOW MEH PRIDE and beg BEVERLEY FOR ah WUK: Ah want ah WUK, BEVY!!! Calypso of the day!!!

5 Nov 27, 2018
Reply by Inez John

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service