When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged '2020' (114)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dubai welcomes Trini steel

Trinidad Express Newspapers Global - The steelpan will take centre stage at the upcoming Dubai Expo 2020 carded to run from October 1, 202…

Started by Pan Times

8 yesterday
Reply by Ayesha Mohammed

"...that sounds like steelband judging to me. But say what, she did us proud.”  Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley...

Trinidad Express Newspapers “I am a little bit disappointed that Michelle didn’t get into the final but when you didn’t get in by ...one t…

Started by Pan Times

3 Aug 1
Reply by Claude Gonzales

Condolences to the family and friends of Panist and administrator Joey Horsford

When Steel Talks extends our deepest condolences to the family and friends of Joey Horsford. He was an awesome bass player and an even gre…

Started by Pan Times

1 May 21
Reply by Albert Bing Reid

Famed leader Milton “Wire” Austin of Fonclaire Steel Orchestra has passed

When Steel Talks extends our deepest condolences to the family and friends of Milton "Wire" Austin - panist, manager and founding member o…

Started by Pan Times

8 Jan 21
Reply by Michael C. Smith / BCV

Len “Boogsie” Sharpe receives 2020 UWI Honorary Doctorate

Global - For the 2020 graduation ceremonies Mr. Len Sharpe was one of the four honorary graduands to be recognised for their outstanding co…

Started by Pan Times

4 Jan 18
Reply by Sandra L Blood

Carnival tabanca as COVID-19 closes festival

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.  - ....There will be no Carnival 2021. No physical events such as fetes, stick-fi…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jan 10

Saying Goodbye to Karen Codrington

Global - In this time of COVID-19, much has changed, including the attendance of funerals/celebrations of life due to restrictions in siz…

Started by Pan Times

0 Dec 19, 2020

The funeral service of the late Karen Codrington - Saturday December 19, 2020

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. The Codrington Pan Family wishes to advise that the funeral service of the late Karen Codrington will be he…

Started by Pan Times

1 Dec 19, 2020
Reply by knolly smith

Honorary doctorates for Boogsie, Keens-Douglas

Trinidad & Tobago Guardian Len “Boogsie” Sharpe (left) Global - Acclaimed steelband arranger Len “Boogsie” Sharpe and dialect poet P…

Started by Pan Times

2 Nov 13, 2020
Reply by odw

Earl Brooks Sr. and Earl Brooks Jr. named 2020 Panorama co-arrangers of Hatters Steel Orchestra

Earl Brooks Sr. and Earl Brooks Jr. Earl Brooks Sr. and Earl Brooks Jr. father and son team have been named the 2020 Panorama co-arrangers…

Started by Pan Times

3 Nov 10, 2020
Reply by odw

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service