When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'Steelpan' (83)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Young Despers Bassist arranges for Lydian Steel this Christmas! 'The Gift', Queen's Hall

This weekend (13th - 16th December 2018), the Lydians will celebrate the greatest gifts given to the greatest King - Gold, Frankincense, My…

Started by Janine Charles-Farray

1 yesterday
Reply by Ian Franklin

Marimba and Steel Pan bands rock Komani

The Representative by Sonja Raasch Komani, South Africa - Let’s Play: The Marimba and Steelpan band festival, hosted by Queen’s College Ju…

Started by Pan Times

3 Aug 15
Reply by hollis clifton

Update -- Meet Jossane Kerrice Felix - Trinidad & Tobago - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Meet Jossane Kerrice Felix   Trinidad & Tobago Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.  - “At 5 yea…

Started by Pan Times

4 Mar 18
Reply by knolly smith

Meet Carol-Ann Andrews of Harvard Harps Steel Orchestra, Trinidad and Tobago

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form   Trinidad Á Tobago - Her passion for Pan is unwavering and burns intensely. She is a steel…

Started by Pan Times

2 Mar 15
Reply by Pan Times

Revisited -- PANORAMA JUDGING 2.0

So a few of us on Facebook have been at it with our annual post-panorama discussion, and clearly what seems to be the common thread is judg…

Started by Jeston Lett

50 Feb 1
Reply by Anthony Joseph

Meet Isoke Noel - Trinidad & Tobago - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form “....I love to teach. That feeling of accomplishment you get when your student excels solid…

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 1, 2017

The Legendary MasterTuner, Innovator & Designer - James "Bassman" Jackman

James Jackman known in Pan World as "BASEMAN" has passed away Wednesday February 15, 2017 in Trinidad and Tobago. A very brief spot light o…

Started by Edger Jackman

6 Feb 28, 2017
Reply by Joel Augustin

Trumpism and the Steelpan Community - Intended Consequences: The Hate that Hate Produces

Dr. Takekawa was told by a former student “It’s about time for you to ‘clean’ because you are Asian. Look at the other Asian janitors at sc…

Started by Pan Times

9 Nov 15, 2016
Reply by Pan Times

The Codringtons Remember Asami Nagakiya - Gone but Not Forgotten

Music Album featuring her Original Steelpan Composition Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - It is just over seven months to date, since we in t…

Started by Pan Times

9 Sep 19, 2016
Reply by Claude Gonzales

Review: Steelpan virtuoso Akiho dazzles with Pittsburgh New Music Ensemble

TribLive.com Pennsylvania, USA -  ....Most of the concert was devoted to five pieces by rising composer Andy Akiho. Born in 1979, his main…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jul 24, 2016

RSS

© 2018   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service