When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'concert' (66)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Calypso band gives Caribbean flair to holiday concert - Oregon, USA

The Observer  Students who are part of the Elgin High School Calypso band prepare Tuesday during class for The Observer's upcoming Holida…

Started by Pan Times

0 Dec 2

Steel music concert to play holiday favorites on the Island - Washington, USA

Mecer Island - Reporter - By Madison Miller Steel Magic Northwest to perform holiday music Dec. 8. It all began with a steel saucer sled.…

Started by Pan Times

0 Dec 2

On the bright side

Trinidad Express Newspapers Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - ....The resilience and growth of the steelband movement is amazing. August was …

Started by Pan Times

0 Sep 9

Facing the siege of gentrification & up from the battle of a hostile charter school take-over, Meyer Levin School of the Performing Arts lives, breathes and remains a beacon of a community

Meyer Levin’s Steelband Program Shines at 2018 Winter Concert From student to steelband teacher: Damany “Bob” James adds new chapter in mus…

Started by Pan Times

0 Dec 18, 2018

‘De Legacy’ - The October 14 Concert: Codrington Pan Family & more

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Following the success of their most recent concert in July 2017, the Codrington Pan Family is back with anoth…

Started by Pan Times

2 Oct 11, 2017
Reply by Cecil hinkson

Steel drum concert set for Friday night at Festival Hall, Racine, Wisconsin

The Journal Times Racine, Wisconsin, USA - Racine’s Festival Hall will become an island oasis on Friday, Oct. 6, when steel drummers from…

Started by Pan Times

0 Oct 2, 2017

Gunslingers’ 10th Pan Revolution most ‘challenging’ concert to date

The Daily Herald Marigot, St. Maarten, W.I. -- Preparations are well under way for Gunslingers tenth Pan Revolution which will be held for…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jun 26, 2017

Bob’s Music Launches Conglomerate for Performing Arts Opportunities for Steelband Music & More

New York, USA - He a multi-talented musician. An awesome panist. He is the current defending champion New York Junior Panorama arranger. Mo…

Started by Pan Times

1 Jun 19, 2017
Reply by Cecil hinkson

Longtime NIU Steelband Co-Director Bids Farewell At Tribute Concert

Northern Public Radio Illinois, USA - NIU held a tribute concert Sunday to honor Cliff Alexis, who joined the university’s school of music…

Started by Pan Times

6 May 1, 2017
Reply by Claude Gonzales

A magnificent night of music

Trinidad and Tobago Guardian Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - “Magnificent is the only word I can find to describe Constellations II, staged…

Started by Pan Times

3 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by Rita Seethaler

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service