When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'music' (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Music: a uniting force

Scot Scoop News Exploring how music impacts Caribbean, Indian, and American culture Global - ....Since then, the people of Trinidad and…

Started by Pan Times

0 May 18

Time to say goodbye. Trinidad is not interested so I donated my entire collection of calypso, steelpan, combo, chutney, big band, rapso, Christmas, parang, Caribbean soul... music from 1912 to 1989

Canada - "Time to say goodbye. Trinidad is not interested so I donated my entire collection of calypso, steelpan, combo, chutney, big ban…

Started by Pan Times

7 May 7
Reply by odw

Queen Mother A Desperadoes Fan!

When Steel Talks - News Reboot - March 11, 2011 Queen Mother ‘enjoyed listening to Caribbean steelbands’ .Among the other surprises in th…

Started by Pan Times

13 Feb 27
Reply by jean robertson

Othello Molineaux - The Unmentioned Jazz Improvisation Master

Whenever mentioned is made of the great pan soloists and  jazz improvisation masters, none is made of Othello Molineaux? Why is that? Othel…

Started by Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks

33 Feb 21
Reply by odw

The Lydian Singers and Steel present - DEO GRATIAS "Thanks Be To God!"

Christmas has come for the Lydians! This year the group presents, 'Deo Gratias' ("Thanks Be to God" in Latin), a show undertaking styles o…

Started by Janine Charles-Farray

0 Nov 24, 2019

Steel Pan Blueprint For Success (Rough Draft Edit) by George D. Goddard (c. 2011)

To All Panists: Re: Steel Pan Blueprint For Success (Rough Draft Edit) Hi to all, Recently, a pan colleague asked me what were my ideas…

Started by Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks

39 May 5, 2019
Reply by BEDE LOPEZ

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO GOVERNMENT, PLEASE MAKE CARNIVAL MONDAY "STEELBAND DAY"

The T & T Govt' need to make Carnival Monday "Steelband day" so we can save the Steelbands in Trinidad & Tobago. Make it a Law that…

Started by BEDE LOPEZ

53 Apr 18, 2019
Reply by John Henry

Video Game Music Performed With Steel Drums Has Changed My Life

KOTAKU.com I’m not the kind of person who enjoys covers of video game songs. The Sonic The Hedgehog theme is just fine the way it is, than…

Started by Pan Times

0 Dec 9, 2018

In Rememberance of Herman "Rock" Johnston died April 30 2001 (14 yrs ago)

The most underrated Tenor Pan Player and Tuner, May God Bless his Soul, http://www.bestoftrinidad.com/steelband/johnston.html

Started by BEDE LOPEZ

23 Nov 23, 2018
Reply by orlandoSteve

New piece for Pan Ensemble

Hi everyone. I wanted to share a new piece I had premiered that features a pan ensemble. Players include lead, double seconds, triple cello…

Started by Aaron Gage

0 Nov 5, 2018

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service