When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'pan' (273)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Funeral arrangements for pan tuner Patrick Worrell aka "Bele"

From Trevor Emanuel Cooper: "This serves to inform all members of our Pan community that Patrick Worrell aka "Bele" died on Wednesday 13th…

Started by Pan Times

8 Dec 19, 2019
Reply by knolly smith

Pan Trinbago --- National Panorama Single Pan 2020 Finals Summary

San Juan East Side Symphony and Marsicans took the top spot in what is now being referred to as the historic NLCB National Panorama Single…

Started by Pan Times

0 Nov 25, 2019

The Lydian Singers and Steel present - DEO GRATIAS "Thanks Be To God!"

Christmas has come for the Lydians! This year the group presents, 'Deo Gratias' ("Thanks Be to God" in Latin), a show undertaking styles o…

Started by Janine Charles-Farray

0 Nov 24, 2019

CDB issues US$350K grant to regional cultural projects

Jamaica Observer Bridgetown, Barbados, W.I. - The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) has approved US$350,000 for four projects that are gea…

Started by Pan Times

0 Nov 7, 2019

When Steel Talks extends condolences to the family and friends of Carl Chase and wife Susan on their passing

Our sincere condolences to the Pan community of Maine, USA on the death of the man who brought steelpan music and the artform to the state.…

Started by Pan Times

0 Nov 4, 2019

Single Pan Bands Panorama Preliminaries Kick Off November 4

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. -National Panorama 2020 Single Pan Preliminaries judging will commence with the eight bands in the Northern Reg…

Started by Pan Times

0 Oct 25, 2019

CARIBBEAT: Steelpan lessons for youngsters coming from the award-winning pros at CASYM

By JARED MCCALLISTER - New York Daily News Steelpan music lessons for children are being offered by the organizers of the award-winning CA…

Started by Pan Times

0 Sep 16, 2019

Liz Mannette puts pan on the (Google) map

Trinidad and Tobago Guardian Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Elizabeth “Liz” Mannette was tired of getting lost. Setting out to visit a new p…

Started by Pan Times

8 Sep 11, 2019
Reply by SOCA CITY

Steel Pan Blueprint For Success (Rough Draft Edit) by George D. Goddard (c. 2011)

To All Panists: Re: Steel Pan Blueprint For Success (Rough Draft Edit) Hi to all, Recently, a pan colleague asked me what were my ideas…

Started by Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks

39 May 5, 2019
Reply by BEDE LOPEZ

Single Pan Bands - Finals Results - Trinidad & Tobago National Panorama 2019

San Juan Eastside Symphony San Juan Eastside Symphony  Wins Championship Single Pan  Band Title Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Victorious Sa…

Started by Pan Times

1 Feb 4, 2019
Reply by Claude Gonzales

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service