When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'pan' (279)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

2020 International Pan Ramajay - Soloists, Duos, Quartets - FINALS Results - Complete

When Steel Talks extends congratulations to the organizer Exodus Steel Orchestra and all the contestants in the 2020 International Ramajay.…

Started by Pan Times

0 Jun 28

Meet Tiajuana Hernandez - Trinidad & Tobago Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - “The stigma of pan being from the bowels of society, involving “badjohns” or the thought that steelpan m…

Started by Pan Times

0 May 10

Meet Selena Antoine - New York, USA - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

“I have always felt that there is a difference between hearing a band play a song, and actually playing within the band to hear the song. …

Started by Pan Times

0 Apr 7

Why Is There A Limit of 120 Musicians - Or Any, for Large Bands In Panorama?

There was a time, years ago, there was no formal limit as to how many musicians took the stage for Panorama in a steel orchestra.  That ch…

Started by Pan Times

9 Mar 1
Reply by Panicle USA, LLC

New Home For Desperadoes Steel Orchestra

by Dr. Keith Rowley In April, Government will begin construction of a new, permanent home for 11-time Panorama Champions - Desperadoes Ste…

Started by Pan Times

11 Feb 25
Reply by odw

Revisiting - New Book Illustrates Image of Pan with Telling Stories of The Steel Band

Global- The first few images in “The Illustrated Story of Pan” (288 pages) that jumped up and grabbed my eyeballs seemed eerily familiar. I…

Started by Pan Times

7 Feb 4
Reply by Andre-Roger Dellevi

Funeral arrangements for pan tuner Patrick Worrell aka "Bele"

From Trevor Emanuel Cooper: "This serves to inform all members of our Pan community that Patrick Worrell aka "Bele" died on Wednesday 13th…

Started by Pan Times

8 Dec 19, 2019
Reply by knolly smith

Pan Trinbago --- National Panorama Single Pan 2020 Finals Summary

San Juan East Side Symphony and Marsicans took the top spot in what is now being referred to as the historic NLCB National Panorama Single…

Started by Pan Times

0 Nov 25, 2019

The Lydian Singers and Steel present - DEO GRATIAS "Thanks Be To God!"

Christmas has come for the Lydians! This year the group presents, 'Deo Gratias' ("Thanks Be to God" in Latin), a show undertaking styles o…

Started by Janine Charles-Farray

0 Nov 24, 2019

CDB issues US$350K grant to regional cultural projects

Jamaica Observer Bridgetown, Barbados, W.I. - The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) has approved US$350,000 for four projects that are gea…

Started by Pan Times

0 Nov 7, 2019

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service