When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

All Discussions Tagged 'pan' (265)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Who Am I? - A Breakdown Of George "Sonny" Goddard's Accomplishments

Steelband performers in Trinidad and Tobago (steeldrum’s birthplace) since 1950, have been represented by three organizations: the Steelban…

Started by Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks

41 Nov 19
Reply by Brenda Hosang

FCB supports pan training school

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday Trinidad & Tobago. W.I. - First Citizens is the proud sponsor of Pan Development Unlimited (PDU), a traini…

Started by Pan Times

0 Nov 7

Trinidad and Tobago's Prime Minister regrets inability to play Pan

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. -The Prime Minister says his inability to play pan remains one of his lasting regre…

Started by Pan Times

9 Oct 24
Reply by ritson douglas

Russell ‘Russ’ Henderson MBE - Legend

Trinidad-born jazz pianist and leading figure in the steelband movement in Britain who helped set up the Notting Hill carnival. Read more…

Started by Pan Times

10 Oct 20
Reply by Andre-Roger Dellevi

Ken “Professor” Philmore Remembered - The Passing of an Icon

Ray Holman, Pelham Goddard, Len "Boogsie" Sharpe, Robert Greenidge, Michelle Huggins-Watts, Dr. Dawn Batson, Liam Teague, Duvone Stewart an…

Started by Pan Times

2 Oct 5
Reply by ED Peters

Pan Trinbago Remembers Ken Professor Philmore

It is with a deep sense of lost, grief and a heavy heart, that I am informing the Steelpan fraternity and the local and international commu…

Started by Pan Times

0 Sep 30

Meet Robert Issa - With His Dream for Steelband In Tanzania - UpClose!

Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania - Presently, he is a mostly self-motivated, self-taught, self -financed - panist, arranger, teacher, promoter, rec…

Started by Pan Times

1 Jun 29
Reply by Claude Gonzales

Pan Trinbago should sit before a JSC

This morning on CNC3's the Morning Brew Hema Ramkissoon spoke with Gregory Lindsay about Pan Trinbago. He thanked Keith Diaz for his servic…

Started by Pan Times

16 Apr 21
Reply by Gregory Lindsay

Abdulah: Dissolved EDAB was working on pan plan, Carnival assessment

Trinidad Newsday David Abdulah, PHOTO BY LINCOLN HOLDER Plans for the steel band industry and an economic impact assessment of Carnival…

Started by Pan Times

1 Apr 21
Reply by Kelvin scoon

Meet Nicole Archer Trinidad & Tobago - Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Meet Nicole Archer Trinidad & Tobago Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - “Playing pan is my…

Started by Pan Times

1 Mar 8
Reply by knolly smith

RSS

© 2018   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service